Looking for new high beam bulbs (Halogen/LED) ..

:
2017 Mazda CX-5 GT
Folks,

I will be doing a retrofit on the CX-5 headlights soon. I have some new HID projectors with an HID kit going into the lights. I do not want to run HIDs in the high beams though, and am looking for what the best option would be for the high beams, being that they are used as DRL.

What is everyone running for high beams? Halogen replacements? LEDs? I don't want to be changing out the high beams every 6 months because of the DRLs burning them out too quick. I have also though about disabling the DRLs and wiring some different ones in somewhere else.

Thanks in advance!

High-beam/DRL on CX-5 uses HB3/9005 single filament bulb in the US but H15 dual filament bulb in the rest of the world. If you have HB3/9005, you can get Super Bright 68-SMD P13W/9005 LED Daytime Running Light Kit For 2013-2015 Mazda CX-5. Make sure to consult your seller that its HB3/9005 equivalent LED do support DRL which uses lower voltage than high-beam.

Just curious, I know it's not an optimal situation as the reflectors are not designed for aftermarket LEDs, but why didn't you simply use an H11 equivalent LEDs for your low-beams as I read some people are having flickering issue on the right side with HID conversion kits due to unknown reasons.

High-beam/DRL on CX-5 uses HB3/9005 single filament bulb in the US but H15 dual filament bulb in the rest of the world. If you have HB3/9005, you can get Super Bright 68-SMD P13W/9005 LED Daytime Running Light Kit For 2013-2015 Mazda CX-5. Make sure to consult your seller that its HB3/9005 equivalent LED do support DRL which uses lower voltage than high-beam.

Just curious, I know it's not an optimal situation as the reflectors are not designed for aftermarket LEDs, but why didn't you simply use an H11 equivalent LEDs for your low-beams as I read some people are having flickering issue on the right side with HID conversion kits due to unknown reasons.

Basically as you said, it's not an optimal situation. I am retrofitting Maxima HID projectors with clear lens upgrade and using the D2S HID kit from The Retrofit Source. Based on previous experience, HIDs are going to be the brightest option especially with the using proper HID projectors. I will address any flickering I have but I am not worried about that as it is something easily addressed if it occurs.

Thank you for the high beam option, I may have to check these out!

Back