film on windows

gryhund666

:
2016 CX 5 touring
I've had a CX 5 for about a month now and there is something on the windows that was there from from the first. It looks like water spots but doesn't wash off like water spots will. I went to the dealer and the service guy at the counter claimed to not be able to see it. I complained to the salesman and he saw it right away and tried to clean it off with acetone. It helped a little but it's still there. it is most noticeable when heading into a low sun like in the morning heading East or setting sun when heading West. The window "flares" and vision is compromised, I feel this is a safety issue and am not happy with the service dept. I believe the film is on the outside as the side mirrors have it on also.. Anyone else experience this? Any ideas to remove it? I have tried Windex and ammonia based window cleaning products, nothing has worked. Should I complain to Mazda America to get this resolved?
Thanks

I had the exact same problem and tried everything including clay barring, to no avail. I took pictures when the spots were most noticeable and the dealer replaced my front windshield with a new one. The new one was better but, not anywhere near perfect so I live with it. It almost looked like sand imbedded in the glass and the spots sort of illuminated in certain light angles. Ed

I had an 88 & 1/2 Samurai that developed the same spots. How they get there, who knows. Anyway, I used http://www.bonami.com/ on it and got it back to new condition. YMMV, this was just my experience.

I had an 88 & 1/2 Samurai that developed the same spots. H.

Don't see many of those these days but when you do they are usually outfitted like this...

suzuki-samurai-3.jpg

I had the same problem. It's calcium and acid from what the water picks up when falling from the sky.

I used CLR and gone. But.....don't get it on the paint.

You can also buff the windows with #0000 steal wool and that should remove almost everything

Sounds like water has etched the glass and mirrors. Pretty normal, but I would not be happy with that on a new car. If your service adviser can't see it, ask to talk to a different person who has better eyes.

Have same issue also, seems like etched water spots, pretty much on all my windows since I bought the car back in mid 2013... Never bother to try getting rid of it, though it's annoying when looking up close. Tried clay bar, didn't work, so not sure what else to do with it, just left it as is for 2 years already lol

Back