Dealer charges for filters

Its not the filter cost that kills you its the labor. I can literally do this within 45 seconds flat with a beer in my hand.

Looking at a dealer north of me I see on their 25K service that only item different from 20K service is changing the cabin filter... for an additional $86.95..yikes

Screen%20Shot%202015-09-18%20at%2011.18.29%20AM.png

That is where I bought my CX-5 and the entire experience left a very bad taste in my mouth on multiple levels. I will never purchase or have a car serviced again at any dealership owned by the Tapley Auto Family. It's hard to understate the number of questionable busine$$ practices I've witnessed there. Charging $87 more to replace the cabin air filter pales compared to what I've seen. Fortunately, they recently lost their Jeep/Chrysler franchise license.

Ed, keep your eyes open on ebay. I got a 6 pack of oem skyactive oil filters for ~$36 about a month ago.

Dealership rip offs...

Looking at a dealer north of me I see on their 25K service that only item different from 20K service is changing the cabin filter... for an additional $86.95..yikes

And the above isn't the only way dealerships rip you off. I try to stay away from dealerships at all costs... that is unless it's a repair or service that's covered by my 3 year, 36,000 mile factory guarantee or government recall, then in the dealership shop it goes. I've learned the hard way how they nickle and dime you to death.

CX5T Lover

Back