LED headlights; driving in Europe

Deepjoy22

:
Mazda, CX5, Sport Nav
I realise this isn't a problem you'll have in the US, but as this forum is full of such good stuff thought I'd drop this question in.

Just taken delivery of a new CX5 Sport Nav with the LED lights and safety pack.

I've skim read the relevant pages of the owner manual yet, but so far I've not been able to find anything about driving on the continent and what actions may need to be taken. For those who are not quite sure what I'm on about, in the UK we drive on the left - but the rest of Europe drive on the right.

I wrote to Mazda UK who've told me I need to buy some stick on deflectors for when I go on the continent - and I'm quite amazed that with all the so call smart stuff in the lighting system, it can be changed to account for right hand or left hand driving.

Just interested in any views.

Thanks.

I realise this isn't a problem you'll have in the US, but as this forum is full of such good stuff thought I'd drop this question in.

Just taken delivery of a new CX5 Sport Nav with the LED lights and safety pack.

I've skim read the relevant pages of the owner manual yet, but so far I've not been able to find anything about driving on the continent and what actions may need to be taken. For those who are not quite sure what I'm on about, in the UK we drive on the left - but the rest of Europe drive on the right.

I wrote to Mazda UK who've told me I need to buy some stick on deflectors for when I go on the continent - and I'm quite amazed that with all the so call smart stuff in the lighting system, it can be changed to account for right hand or left hand driving.

Just interested in any views.

Thanks.

Mmmmmm ....

I think you probably have to disable the Smart LED Lighting System when you are driving in the Continent and just use the normal mode. I do not believe the Right Hand Drive Smart LED Lighting System can be re-programmed for Left Hand Drive.

I think you probably have to disable the Smart LED Lighting System when you are driving in the Continent and just use the normal mode. I do not believe the Right Hand Drive Smart LED Lighting System can be re-programmed for Left Hand Drive.
If you have Mazda Adaptive LED Headlamps (ALH) which has LED arrays, I believe it's doable by programming and controlling these LED arrays on and off for different sections to suit RHD or LHD. In other words, if all LED arrays are on, they'd cover all area from left to right.

I always wondered about that. When I was in Alconbury, I noticed many vehicles had stickers on the headlights. It was pretty common from what I saw.

Latest posts

Back