2016 Seat Heaters

IBJammin

:
Mazda CX-5, GT, Tech IActive
I know its summer but has anyone tested the seat heaters on their 2016? The GF wants them to be therapeutic sort of hot and even on the highest setting they seem to be barely warm. Don't want to hassle the dealer if this is just all we should expect.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

I know its summer but has anyone tested the seat heaters on their 2016? The GF wants them to be therapeutic sort of hot and even on the highest setting they seem to be barely warm. Don't want to hassle the dealer if this is just all we should expect.

I believe how hot it feels to one person may be different to another. Body composition, height, sex can make a difference. My wife and I feel they are hot enough and relatively therapeutic at times, and I have even turned them down a notch. We are 6" or less, and pretty fit with below average body fat levels.
To me the seats never feel on the overly-hot-or-may-burn side of the scale, however.

It may be harder to tell how effective they are when it's warm outside.

It may be harder to tell how effective they are when it's warm outside.

Thanks for the replies. We definitely considered this but other implementations of this technology have been noticeable to the point of being uncomfortable. It's not really a big deal to me but she really wants this feature to work. ;)

Not sure about the '16 seats but the 13-15 they're more of a butt warmer than lower back. Mine's plenty hot for me...

Snuck turning them on the wife and she noticed the light before the heat after about 5 minutes.

I turned the driver's side on high later and drove around for half an hour. Forgot that I had turned it on.

I am not impressed with the feature. Have read elsewhere that others aren't impressed either.

They are more warmers than heaters. My wife's bmw is much hotter on high, to where I feel it's too hot, but it's perfect for her.

I concur, these seat heaters are a serious joke in this car! And winter is right around the corner here in Denver. [sigh]

I concur, these seat heaters are a serious joke in this car! And winter is right around the corner here in Denver. [sigh]

Don't know about the '16, but the '15 that I have will warm my backside better than no seat heater. I agree that it is not as good as the last car that I had, but definitely better than none.

Sucks to hear the seats dont get toasty. I wish they offered cooled seats.

I just tried the seat warmers in my 2016 on the way to work. I like cold so I'm the first to complain when things are too warm. I have it on "high" and it's kind of warm but nowhere near that therapeutic heat level.

Thanks again for all the responses. Seems we are in the expected mehtastic range of what to expect from this feature.

I tried this yesterday and the warmth was comparable to my previous car (08 Accord). However, I found Mazda took longer to warm the seats than the Honda.

I tried this yesterday and the warmth was comparable to my previous car (08 Accord). However, I found Mazda took longer to warm the seats than the Honda.

I noticed that too. After about 15 minutes at full strength the seat was warm but not "burn my ass" warm. I'm curious to see how it feels in the winter when I'll actually want it on.

The heated seats in our new '16 CX-5 GT are warm when set on high, but definitely not toasty. On low, well, what's the point. Considering that in our 2013 CX-9 the high setting gets into the realm of therapeutically hot, these CX-5 seats are disappointing.

I'm actually pretty disappointed with the heated seats in the CX-5, especially compared to my 2010 Mz3 which I loved, and I'm pretty sure could boil a kettle.

I think they'll be barely enough to take the chill off the leather in the winter, definitely won't make you feel warm.

yep, they suck. I took a 20 min drive, didn't notice any sensation till i reached the destination.

OK, this is becoming depressing. The sound system sucks, unquestionably, and now I'm hearing that the heated seats aren't really "heating," but rather just tipid warmers. WTF????

Back