How to melt the clear coat off your vehicle!

Yeah, I've heard you can spray mosquito spray with deet on a cloth and get the hazy fog off headlights. Same kina' idea me thinks.

Yeah, I've heard you can spray mosquito spray with deet on a cloth and get the hazy fog off headlights. Same kina' idea me thinks.

Except if you read the attached story you would know that's probably a terrible idea.

Yeah, DEET in general does horrible with coatings and polymers. This is why the military tests things for compatibility with 100% DEET, and why MAGPUL tested their magazines to withstand it early on, which set them apart from many other polymer magazines at the time. DEET is a beast. Unless you are dealing with mil-spec polymers, such as furniture on an M4, PMAG's, etc....just keep DEET AWAY!

Where did I say personally that it w as a good Idea mike? Perhaps if you reread my post you would see that in fact I didn't say that.

Last edited:
Where did I say personally that it w as a good Idea mike? Perhaps if you reread my post you would see that in fact I didn't say that.

Not sure why you would mention "I've heard you can spray mosquito spray with deet on a cloth and get the hazy fog off headlights." if you knew it was a terrible idea. I generally don't repeat bad ideas without acknowledging it's a bad idea.

Seems pretty straightforward to me.

Speak for yourself then. If I want your opinion I'll ask for it. You understand?
Feel free to skip over my posts if I hurt your feelings or you feel mislead.
Btw, didn't I already tell you to get bent?

Yep...DEET is quite the solvent. Keep it away from interior plastics also.

Back