Mazda Customer Service success

bxpretzel

:
2015 Mazda CX-5, Touring AWD
I contacted Mazda Customer Service today via chat on their website as I wanted to find out where the heck my dealership survey went. I never received it and it's been nearly a full year since I took delivery of my CX-5.

The representative was very receptive although he said that the dealer should have sent the email within 2-3 weeks after purchase, and that they can only reactivate the survey within 60 days after purchase. So, I was SOL for the survey. However, the rep. invited me to share my concerns, which I did (a few of my other posts go into more detail on this..was kind of given the run-around on pricing while emailing before walking into the dealer, didn't have a good experience with the finance manager, and later had a terrible experience with their service department). The rep asked if I wanted my original dealer to contact me to follow up on my concerns and I declined, not wanting to ever deal with them again, and let him know that we moved from the area anyway and wouldn't have a chance to use that dealer in the future. He quickly offered me a $75 gift card toward Mazda service to use at my new local dealer. Since I do my own oil changes, I'm going to save this for an alignment (roads here in WV are littered with potholes!) and/or installation of my winter tires. Overall, I was very pleased with the outcome despite not being able to complete the original survey!

Lesson: doesn't hurt to ask!!

Congrats!

I gave my dealer low marks on the survey for dicking me around on extra expenses when we were ready to close the deal. I held my ground and got them to back down but it left a bad taste in my mouth.

Imagine my surprise when I brought my car in for it's service and the service manager identified me as the one who gave them low marks and tried to chew me out. I stood my ground and said the survey is obviously subjective and I filled it out as honestly as possible. But he kept ignoring me, acting as if he had a valid reason to be pissed off and berating me. How he thought this kind of behavior was going to further his business interests is beyond me.

Needless to say, I never went back there again and if I were to purchase another Mazda I would travel outside the area controlled by the conglomerate (the same family 'group' owns far too many dealerships of many different marques in a multiple-county area). Watch out for this situation because it's set up from the get-go to be anti-competitive.

Back