Open Hatch Door While Engine On?

cpearre

:
2016 Mazda CX-5 GT
Is there any way to open the rear hatch door while the engine is running? I have placed the car in park with the emergency brake on - rear hatch door will not unlock. Cannot find anything in the OM re. this issue.....it will only unlock after turning engine off.

On our 2016 we put it in Park and press the unlock switch on the drivers door and the hatch can be opened.

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk 2

Same here. I can leave the motor running, put it in park and pull the E brake and the rear hatch can be opened.

It may depend on the personalization on how/when the car unlocks, I set mine to unlock when in park and lock when not in park. I would think you could hit the unlock button and it would unlock it though...

It may depend on the personalization on how/when the car unlocks, I set mine to unlock when in park and lock when not in park. I would think you could hit the unlock button and it would unlock it though...

Yes - the unlock button will do it or set the doors to unlock when it is put in park. If you don't want it to unlock when in park, you'll have to remember to push the button.

Thanks - I didn't realize there were so many options for the lock settings. I have selected another option that allows me to open the hatch now while the car is running.

Back