Pair multiple phones?

Sally_C

:
2014 CX-5 GT AWD w/ Tech pkg
I have a 2014 CX-5 paired with my Galaxy S4. I'm thinking of getting an S6 but my husband would keep the S4. Can I pair two phones with the CX-5 and, if so, how does the car determine which one has priority or use for Pandora/Bluetooth audio or the phone? I'm hoping it will pair with both and it's first come first serve as far as what's coming through the speakers.

Thanks.

I have a 2014 CX-5 paired with my Galaxy S4. I'm thinking of getting an S6 but my husband would keep the S4. Can I pair two phones with the CX-5 and, if so, how does the car determine which one has priority or use for Pandora/Bluetooth audio or the phone? I'm hoping it will pair with both and it's first come first serve as far as what's coming through the speakers.

Thanks.

I have the same problem. I have a work phone and a personal phone (both iphones). The system will pair with two phones but not at the same time. I gave up on it. When I talked to their tech support and explained what I wanted to do (have both phones able to receive calls through the system at the same time) they said it will not work.

Last edited:
For the 2013-2015 infotainment system, you can pair multiple phones/devices to the system. But I think it can only be connected to a maximum of 2 devices at the same time.

When both phones are present, it will automatically connect with the one it last connected with. However, you also have the option to select what audio you want each of phones can contribute to the system. For example, you can select one phone to only have phone capabilities and the other to have just music/audio capabilities at the same time. This means you can have one phone who's calls will go through the infotainment while the other phone can be streaming music.

This is achieved through the bluetooth set up menu. You select the device, then can toggle which features you want to be enabled through the phone.

However, you cannot have 2 devices set up to share the same functions at the same time. One must be streaming audio and the other must be for phone capabilities.

Last edited:
FWIW, my wife and I tried pairing both our phones to her CX-5 (both iphones), and while they both paired successfully, it seems to wreak havoc with the system. Anytime we're both in the car it doesn't want to work quite right (it will have trouble connecting to either device) and even when my wife is alone in the car she has issues. Finally we just decided to delete my phone out of the car's memory since it's her car. In theory it should be fine, but it just seems to make everything a little wonky.

Ahh, good to know. I don't need any more distractions while driving than there already are. ;-)

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Back