White spots on black plastic

beb08

:
2016 Mazda CX - 5 Touring w/ Tech
So my CX-5 is about 3 weeks old now, washed it yesterday and afterwards was looking it over and discovered some white spots on the black plastic part of my drivers side mirror. I tried to take a wet rag to it and it doesn't come off, I'm not sure what it is. I'll take a picture at lunch time so hopefully maybe someone else has experienced this?

2iu9b1i.jpg
yes it looks like it would wipe away but it doesnt. Even with some elbow grease!

Ahhh that worked like magic! Didn't even cross my mind to try that. I got most of it. Will have to use fiance elbow grease for the little bit left. Thank you!

Glad it worked out! (drinks)

A pink eraser works great, too. And cheaper![emoji6]

My experience with using a pink eraser was not a positive one...while it did remove the white residue left from wax, it then left pink eraser bits that were very difficult to remove from the textured plastic of the lower trim. Since I buy Magic Eraser for household cleaning anyway, it isn't an added expense for me to use on my car.

Just my 2 cents.

Glad it worked out! (drinks)

My experience with using a pink eraser was not a positive one...while it did remove the white residue left from wax, it then left pink eraser bits that were very difficult to remove from the textured plastic of the lower trim. Since I buy Magic Eraser for household cleaning anyway, it isn't an added expense for me to use on my car.

Just my 2 cents.

Interesting. I used a damp rag and the pink bits came off easily. I was just offering another option. Another option I've heard on this forum but have not tried was peanut butter.

Last edited:
Back