Waze Users - Where do you put your phone.

AllezDada

:
2016 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech, i Activesense
Just got a 2016 GT that has Nav, but I like some features of Waze. Wanted to know where people put their phone when using it -I know there's the slot in the console, but you really can't see the phone there. I guess I could just listen to the audio alerts from Waze.

Here's something you can stick on your windshield...

maccallygrip.jpg

I have an iOttie mount with a suction cup - it works with my Samsung Note Edge, but I just can't seem to find a place to mount it - I don't want it on the windshield or on top of the dash, and don't want it in front of a vent. There's not enough room in ahead of the shifter.

What did you use to mount your phone? I like this spot! (lol2)

I custom made it. I'm going through a couple revisions, so I haven't posted a pic of it. Similar to a Pro clip, it squeezes into the crack below the radio bezel. It's a perfect location, however, right of the steering wheel, at the same height of the radio. It's like having two monitors[emoji6]

This looks like it could block or interfere with the side air bag.

It won't interfere with it, but it will probably fly off and hit the driver/passenger causing injuries. LOL.
My friend just bought a ProClip mount for his VW Jetta, I am so jealous. It is a perfect clamp that goes in front/side of the emergency brake area.

Just got a 2016 GT that has Nav, but I like some features of Waze. Wanted to know where people put their phone when using it -I know there's the slot in the console, but you really can't see the phone there. I guess I could just listen to the audio alerts from Waze.

We just put it on the center console. It covers the P - R - N - D lettering (that info is also in the Dash). To prevent it from sliding we got a silicon phone case. Prior to that I custom cut a thin piece of black rubber as a base.

i use Arkon Smartphone Seat Rail or Floor Car Truck sits right in front of the shifter on the passenger side

i just lay my phone in the opening where the usb ports are and listen to the directions through the car speakers. i personally rarely look at the actual navigation diagram.

Back