soon to be owner - Paint protection question

jsk1124

:
Mazda CX-5 2016
Hi to all the Cx-5 lovers!

First of all pardon me for my english, im not state side, so please bear with me.

Im eagerly anticipating the arrival of my soul red cx-5 pro, and the excitement is killing me!

Ive been lurking in this forum ever since i got interested in the CX-5, and I must say, this is most active cx5 forum Ive seen, and your positive experiences with the cx-5 helped me in deciding to get this car. :)

Im listing down the things that I need to do when my unit arrives, and one thing im really not knowledgeable is on the paint protection/waxing area. we live in a tropical climate with regular rainfall, and this combination can really mess up the condition of the paint.

What paint protection and or waxing would you recommend for this type of situation? Im looking for long term protection (6mos-1yr). So far this is what Im planning to do:

Clay Wash Klasse AIO Klasse HG Collinite 845.

Will this do? For those familiar with the product, how often do you apply each product?

Thank you!

Paint protection? I am a fan of Ventureshield Ultra. It's done very well on the cars I've had wrapped.
Wax? I prefer Rejex. It lasts a long time compared to other products I've used.

I have an older vehicle that has spent it's entire life without the benefit of a garage. The paint looks amazing good and I attribute that to my regiment: Clay / 3M Imperial Hand Glaze / Collinite 845

Will this do? For those familiar with the product, how often do you apply each product?

Thank you!

That combination should work well for you if done twice a year, but skip the clay (if not needed) for the second time during the year unless you want to strip the previous wax/sealant and start from scratch. Also, wash more often as necessary.

I prefer the Zaino products, especially for durability when used as directed, but the Klasse Twins and 845 are also proven sealants/waxes that will also do the job.

Paint protection? I am a fan of Ventureshield Ultra. It's done very well on the cars I've had wrapped.
Wax? I prefer Rejex. It lasts a long time compared to other products I've used.

I'll definitely look at ventureshield, i hope its available in our country, i also saw a video comparing rejex with collinite, both are great but what i like about rejex is the sheeting as compared to collinex's beading. Hows rejex durability against heat? Temp here hovers around 90-95 andcould go up to 115 upwards during summer.

The paint looks amazing good and I attribute that to my regiment: Clay / 3M Imperial Hand Glaze / Collinite 845

Thank you rg_flyer. 3M products are quite famous here also, ill give it a try. Our situation are quite similar too, car would be park on open most of time since our office dont have covered parking.
How often do you apply 3m glaze & collinite 845 on your car? Do you top up after every wash?

That combination should work well for you if done twice a year, but skip the clay (if not needed) for the second time during the year unless you want to strip the previous wax/sealant and start from scratch. Also, wash more often as necessary.

I prefer the Zaino products, especially for durability when used as directed, but the Klasse Twins and 845 are also proven sealants/waxes that will also do the job.

Zaino was my first choice too. Most detailing forums i visit comments that its easier to apply and give better results, altho some would disagree. The problem is its impossible to find zaino in our country, and if ever you find a seller, the price is exorbitant. A relative will be coming by from canada next year, have already mentioned to get me a few bottles of zaino (2thumbs)

Btw do i apply klasse or collinite after every wash?

Zaino was my first choice too. Most detailing forums i visit comments that its easier to apply and give better results, altho some would disagree. The problem is its impossible to find zaino in our country, and if ever you find a seller, the price is exorbitant. A relative will be coming by from canada next year, have already mentioned to get me a few bottles of zaino (2thumbs)

Btw do i apply klasse or collinite after every wash?
Nope, just use a car wash soap that is formulated for auto paint finishes, and you won't strip your waxes/sealants. Apply your Klasse/Collonite combo only twice a year, I would assume you will be washing much more frequently as needed......I usually wash my vehicles weekly.

Nope, just use a car wash soap that is formulated for auto paint finishes, and you won't strip your waxes/sealants. Apply your Klasse/Collonite combo only twice a year, I would assume you will be washing much more frequently as needed......I usually wash my vehicles weekly.

Great, thanks a lot. Yes, i wash my car weekly too.

Last edited:
I'll definitely look at ventureshield, i hope its available in our country, i also saw a video comparing rejex with collinite, both are great but what i like about rejex is the sheeting as compared to collinex's beading. Hows rejex durability against heat? Temp here hovers around 90-95 andcould go up to 115 upwards during summer.

I applied it to my daily in Louisiana. It did amazing for 3-4 months, and was still having some effect half a year in, or so.

I just layered on 2 coats of Zaino Z2 on my 1 week old (ownership) 2016 GT and will drive all winter through the salt belt of Wisconsin, and run her though a touchless car wash every ~2 weeks or so and come this spring with her first hand wash the water will still bead right off. Later in the summer I'll place 1 coat on... rinse and repeat the next year.

I love Zaino products!!

Thank you rg_flyer. 3M products are quite famous here also, ill give it a try. Our situation are quite similar too, car would be park on open most of time since our office dont have covered parking.
How often do you apply 3m glaze & collinite 845 on your car? Do you top up after every wash?

I strip the wax once a year, and 3M glaze, then wax. I wax again in six months (no stripping), then repeat the full process six months later. The Collinite is that good.

Back