Point out the jacking points for me - please (photos)

DBLXX

:
CX-5
REAR TIRES -

Not sure if it's the top left where the oval circle is or lower down toward the center where the bolt slides in?

FRONT TIRES -

Which bolt head is it? Look at the bolts as a triangle - is it the left, right, or the one furthest away?

As usual - a huge thank you.

Uhh.. NO. Jacking points are on the FRAME itself on the side of the car, no where under the car or mechanical parts!
Look in the manual, it's like any other car, there's little | | marks, that's where you put the jack.
There's another thread here somewhere that shows photos!

I found the thread: http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123823081-How-to-jack-up-your-CX-5
And here's a photo:
IMG_20130103_220549.jpg

And this is a photo I took:
attachment.php

And I guess this:
attachment.php

Just don't do what this guy did: http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123827752-Changing-Blown-Tire-Jack-Placement
IMG_1627.jpg

Last edited:
I think you may be incorrect.

Yes, those are jacking points but there are many spots underneath the car where you can jack from.

Any spot that is frame and the rear diff is also a jacking point.

Yes, those are jacking points but there are many spots underneath the car where you can jack from.

That's why I put up the 3rd photo for those spots.

Has anyone actually jacked up their CX-5 from the center of that honeycomb looking think right behind the skid plate plastic.

It looks to be the center point of the crossmember.

Thx

You can put a piece of 2X4 or thick rubber as a buffer between floor jack and jacking point.

Actually I lift the car as in the last picture, but I put a stand under the car. The spring holds the car, it won't fall.

Its not a good idea to jack up the rear diff. You can damage it.

Just my experience but never had an issue with this on other cars and CX FSM even shows it as a recommended lift point.

Maybe the type of jack used in some scenarios would cause damage?

I just put coilovers on and lifted from the rear diff and front honeycrunch. However when taking it down i did rear diff and fromt pinch welds (tires were higher off the floor after)

Mazda specifically points out the rear diff AS A jacking point. Why would the manufacturer specifically tell you to use something that will damage it?

Mazda specifically points out the rear diff AS A jacking point. Why would the manufacturer specifically tell you to use something that will damage it?

True. The rear differential actually has a protrusion specifically for jacking. I jack both rear wheels simultaneously using the differential and this allows me to swap out both wheels with only one jacking procedure. It makes the winter/summer tire swap go really quickly.

I just put coilovers on and lifted from the rear diff and front honeycrunch. However when taking it down i did rear diff and fromt pinch welds (tires were higher off the floor after)

Chris, what you will be doing with the camber angles?

Back