Thoughts about rear bumper guards?

:
2016 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech & i-Activesense
So I've been thinking about pick up one of the rear bumper guards for the CX-5. But I'm a bit torn on what one to get. I saw a CX-9 yesterday that had the rear bumper guard and it was a much different style then the one for the CX-5. The CX-9 one came down over the edge of the bumper for better protection and looked to be much wider then the one offered for the CX-5. It also appeared to match the interior scuff plates of the car as well. Does anyone know if the CX-9 bumper guard would fit on the CX-5? I'm also thinking that a black bumper guard would look better on my meteor Grey car so maybe the Mazda5 bumper guard would be better. My other option is to pick up one of the bumper guards off ebay and paint possibly paint it black. I'd use professional quality paint like spraymax 2k black and clear. That stuff is really awesome, painted my motorcycle with it and it's just as good as a factory finish. What do you guys think?

I see rear bumper guards on all manner of SUVs every day that I think would work great on the CX-5. Much better protection than the garbage Mazda offers. If the CX-9 guard is available through Mazda parts and the dimensions work for the CX-5, you're probably much better off going with that or keep your eyes open for similar guards that might be available from other car manufacturers.

Back