:
2016 MAZDA CX-5 GT AWD with TECH PKG / i-ActivSense
Howdy All,

Well, got the call yesterday afternoon that my CX-5 that I'd ordered
had Finally arrived and I could come and get it today. Needless to say it was
hard to sleep last night and we arrived at the Dealership 30 mins earlier than
our appointment;)

I have to say all the research, time and effort really paid off on getting
what I have to think after driving for almost 47yrs is the nicest car/truck I've
ever owned. When we drove up it was in the shade (thank goodness it was 104 degrees)
and it was almost glowing !!! The transaction and business end went very smoothly, it was a
little more complicated than normal I think since we'd ordered it and had only negotiated online
and the one time we met the at the Dealership was to give them the Deposit money. So, today
was basically going over everything, and settling up on my Truck, hated to see it go but it was
time. So, I've been on Cloud Nine all afternoon and evening and keep going back out in the Garage
to sit in it and look this and that up on the controls and dash. I can see that I've got a lot of reading
to do, so many technical features and things to learn, more of where they're located and how to get to them.
I've got the Owners Manual Downloaded and have it open to read.

The Sales Guy was really a nice guy, very helpful, and fun to deal with, so that made things go
a lot smoother. They were excited at the Dealership about mine having the MMS as it was the first
one that they'd ever gotten. It was kind of a shame that we couldn't get it going there but I'd not set up
my MMS Account, so did that as soon as we got home and it was really very, very easy to get things
going, plus I'd had gotten some very good info from Johnj here on the Forum that made it even easier.

I want to really Thank Everyone on the Forum from the bottom of my Heart, I've learned so much,
not just about the CX-5, but a tremendous amount about Autos / Driving in general.

I know I'll have plenty of questions coming up, but just wanted to let y'all know it'd arrived
and I was an "Official Member" now. I'll post some pics when we get out tomorrow.

Take Care,

CK

Congrats! Is it Pearl White with Parchment interior?

Congrats! Is it Pearl White with Parchment interior?

Howdy Ray,

I ended up with the Pearl White with the Black Interior,
just didn't know if I could keep the lighter color clean.

You're one of the ones that I really owe a lot of Thanks to since
it was you who told me about how the Special Ordering worked and the
Tracking Website to See what's already on the Water !!!

Take Care,

CK

Congratulations! And I know what you mean about the Pearl White "glowing" in the shade.

Enjoy the drive!

Congratulations! And I know what you mean about the Pearl White "glowing" in the shade.

Enjoy the drive!

Morning Mike,

Thanks very much !!!

Last edited:
Congrats on the great new ride, and glad the Mobile Start worked out for you. I am very happy with the Compustar remote start/security I had installed, including an additional option that unlocks the doors when you approach the car. Loving my 16 GT; a bit sad I'm traveling so much for work this month that I have had little opportunity to drive it :-(. Anyway, seems like we both made great choices that made us happy. --Andy

Congrats on the great new ride, and glad the Mobile Start worked out for you. I am very happy with the Compustar remote start/security I had installed, including an additional option that unlocks the doors when you approach the car. Loving my 16 GT; a bit sad I'm traveling so much for work this month that I have had little opportunity to drive it :-(. Anyway, seems like we both made great choices that made us happy. --Andy

Morning Andy,

Thanks Very Much, I've been really surprised at
just how much I've been enjoying just having this
car. Lot's of new things to learn and figure out, it's
exactly like I knew it would be as far as Driving,
and agree with so many other's that it's a Driver's
Car and love the way it feels on the Road.

So glad the Compustar worked out Great for you,
and it's always neat to know other options are out there
and they are good choices. I tried my MMS out yesterday
was nice to get the feel of how it worked and see that
it performed as it was supposed to.

Hopefully, your Roadtime will settle down so you can
rest some and enjoy your New Car !!!

Howdy Ray,

I ended up with the Pearl White with the Black Interior,
just didn't know if I could keep the lighter color clean.

You're one of the ones that I really owe a lot of Thanks to since
it was you who told me about how the Special Ordering worked and the
Tracking Website to See what's already on the Water !!!

Take Care,

CK
So did the dealer find the CX-5 for you while it was on the boat coming to the US? Did they place the order immediately after they found it? How long did it take to get delivered to your dealer (and I know you have several accessories installed at the port in LA)? And how many miles on the CX-5 when you took the delivery?

I'm sure now you'd like to find any excuses to drive your new CX-5 even if it's 105F outside! (drive)

So did the dealer find the CX-5 for you while it was on the boat coming to the US? Did they place the order immediately after they found it? How long did it take to get delivered to your dealer (and I know you have several accessories installed at the port in LA)? And how many miles on the CX-5 when you took the delivery?

I'm sure now you'd like to find any excuses to drive your new CX-5 even if it's 105F outside! (drive)

Howdy Ray,

Yes, they'd tracked it / found it while it was on the Water coming this way, and placed the order for it then. I think they'd placed
the order June 16th, and then when it hit port they had the Mazda Mobile Start, and Roof Side Rails installed. It arrived here 8/3 so it was a little
over 45 days, and it had 8.0 miles on it. They installed the Splash Guards, wheel locks, and put on the Retractable Cargo Cover, and
Cargo Tray when it got here.

Howdy CK, finally a congrats! Enjoy����

Morning Skorpio, Thanks So Much, it was definitely worth all the waiting !!!

I still go out to make sure it's still in the Garage !!!

Still learning all the features, have to say, it's pretty smart !!!

Last edited:
Still learning all the features, have to say, it's pretty smart !!!
agreed :)
i have to constantly remind myself to do shoulder checks etc and not rely 100% on the BSM or rear camera/cross traffic features

AND to keep on eye on the speedo - very easy to creep over the speed limit (having turned off the Nav alerts for "you're exceeding the speed limit ...")

agreed :)
i have to constantly remind myself to do shoulder checks etc and not rely 100% on the BSM or rear camera/cross traffic features

AND to keep on eye on the speedo - very easy to creep over the speed limit (having turned off the Nav alerts for "you're exceeding the speed limit ...")

Morning JB,

I agree, I've made myself a promise that I'd not
depend on those things, nice to have as a "Double Check"
but don't want to get dependent on those.

The CX-5 can get up to speed easily and like you said it's kind of sneaky
about getting over the speed limit. I was really surprised at how the "Sport Mode"
felt, it definitely perks it up on take off and through the lower range. It reminds me
of how my Wife's 2010 Mazda 3s 2.5 feels.

Enjoy !!!

Last edited:
Back