Need to disable panic alarm on keyfob. Please.

NoPurpleCar

:
2016 Mazda CX-5 GT W/Tech
Maybe I carry too much junk in my pockets or there's too much junk in my trunk but I keep inadvertently setting of the alarm in my 2016 via pressure on the keyfob. . Any way I can disable the panic alarm at the keyfob?

Out of curiosity I took our second fob apart.
It has 2 o-rings and the buttons are part of a fob size molded rubbery sheet to make the unit water proof.
Electronics board has variety of SMT pieces and a micro push button under each fob button.
IMHO... Unless you're familiar with soldering smt stuff there is no easy way to disable from the inside.

So... might I suggest...
A google search for "custom brass key rings" and then browse "images for brass key rings".

FWIW IF as durable as the two I acquired 20+ years ago (without whistle) it may take awhile to wear one of the below out.
Though the last 10 years or so they've hung around with seldom used keys that need to be acquired (found) quickly.
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Orig...se-with-Whistle-Free-Shipping/1977465440.html

Maybe I carry too much junk in my pockets or there's too much junk in my trunk but I keep inadvertently setting of the alarm in my 2016 via pressure on the keyfob. . Any way I can disable the panic alarm at the keyfob?
I haven't tried, but you might want to consider a neoprene fob case. If this is still too sensitive then slip a rigid piece of plastic or Ben metal over offending button. Should be much safer and cheaper then playing with the key fob electronics.

edj_03's suggestion is a very wise one--I purchased one of the silicone cases specifically designed for the advanced smart key fob for my 2016, and the panic button is actually covered over by the case. As suggested, slipping in a slightly larger piece of rigid plastic between that case and the panic button would likely help prevent inadvertent presses.

This is the case I purchased, FYI and is available in other colors:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

It fits perfectly/tightly and hasn't loosened or stretched out as some silicone cases can do, and besides protecting the fob from scratches, it makes it easy to find on my black granite counters. LOL

Last edited:
Back