Window rain/ventshade question.....

DBLXX

:
CX-5
Hi everyone -

For those of you who have the OEM ones sold by Mazda. Do they stick on? Not sure I want stick on vent shades.

Also....easy to install? Anyone have any photos of theirs? Do you like them?

Thank you.

Posted by another member from a thread a couple years back:

https://picasaweb.google.com/105588558235938589166/CX5RainGuardSideWindowDeflectors

They're stick-ons, however, they do have clips that you stick into the window channels as well to make sure they're secure. Another picture from the Mazda:

069F98D78F70C94CB67FDE2E32BA19A5__27253_zoom.jpg

You could always try the Weathertech ones that are only an in-channel design.

Last edited:
Yes they partially stick on and if I recall are also placed in between the weather stripping and window channel (the weather stripping gets pulled down so you can place the a portion of the shade there, then its put back in place).

Below are photos of them on my 14. I actually ordered another of the exact set as I just traded in my 14 last week on a 16. I didn't feel like messing around taking off the tape from the vehicle, then trying to remove the tape from the shades to place new tape on.

I guess you could say I am very happy...

Tell me again what these are good for?

I hope this is sarcasm?

First being obviously that you can keep your windows cracked open when it is raining, without water entering the car. Second, they are also good to conceal the fact that your window is cracked open, if you choose to do this when your car is parked when it is hot out. You may not think an inch or so open will have much effect, but it definitely keeps the car much cooler than having all windows rolled up when it is hot out.

I had them on 2 previous vehicles, and enjoyed them, but I do not have them on my CX5. I personally do not like how the Mazda OEM ventshades cover the B pillar. I also do not want to mess with weathertech or other brands that go into the window channel - I have read some people having some problems with the auto open/close feature with this.

If the Mazda ones ended right where the window did on the B pillar, opposed to covering the entire B pillar, I would definitely have these on my CX5.

I just installed my Weathertechs. They look cool.
icon_cool.gif
It's like the car is wearing sun shades.
The back windows go in channel and also have an adhesive strip.

I also went with the weather techs, never have to worry about them coming off... 3rd car with them... had they been made for my 2007 Mazda6 I would have had them on it too

... they are also good to conceal the fact that your window is cracked open, if you choose to do this when your car is parked when it is hot out. You may not think an inch or so open will have much effect, but it definitely keeps the car much cooler than having all windows rolled up when it is hot out.
I never thought about that... (cool) I'm glad I didn't buy the clear ones.

Last edited:
Thanks. Saw that picture on Friday - just didn't know if that was actually a Mazda and if it was representative of how they all look.

I think the WT's look really good.

weather tech "dark" on rear doors only,,, can hardly notice them.
works great for keeping south Florida rain out.

Another member in the MZ5 forums posted a picture of his ride with Well Visors. They are the closest to OEM as far as look and installation goes...but at more than half the cost. Don't know the quality of them, but I'd rock them if they had it for my P5...even though I already have the Weathertechs. We'll probably pick up a set for our MZ5 in the near future.

http://www.wellvisors.com/product/3-847mz011.html

Back