New Member, New Ride

:
CX-5 GT
Just picked up my 2016 CX-5 GT w/tech in Alberta

EgdlzI6CqiYdUsJbeOzHPMaMrjesZLJO8geZbBlJcnE=w876-h1556-no

xh8IvBPXp_MZNXROQ9kstWYy_aoRlcVxN9pICA_Ut1s=w876-h1556-no

Looking forward to joining the community here.

Howdy venom21,

Congratulations !!!!

I sure do like how it looks not having a License Plate there, sure wished we
didn't have to have one by Law !!!

Look forward to hearing your thoughts as you put a few miles and hours on it.

Take Care,

CK

nice, see ya around the roads

not even time to take the paper front floor mat out yet ;)
if you're looking for floor liners, noticed Canadian tire online now carrying weathertech floor liners for $200

front plate - yeah, nice to not require them and have to ruin the lines of the car in front

Last edited:
nice, see ya around the roads

not even time to take the paper front floor mat out yet ;)
if you're looking for floor lines, noticed canadain tire online now carrying weathertech floor liners for $200

front plate - yeah, nice to not require them and have to ruin the lines of the car in front

Yeah, ordered the weathertechs and also going to get 3M paint protector. Got a good price $38608CAD all in, added roof rack and remote starter myself and just paid for the labour. Ended up saving quite a bit.

we went with the mazda dealer premium ones for a variety of reasons, but weathertech ones were certainly in the running

had the 3M done locally by an excellent detail place, one if their specialties, the cx-5 does a lot of mostly highway type k's (100km + roads in city) so want all the front end protection possible

added private glass insurance (ami glass ins based in edmonchuk) based on vehicle insurance co advice for the same reasons

Nice ride I bought the same one in that color first week of July, what did you get done at the detailers? I'm looking to get some springs to drop it a few inches, any recommendations?>

Nice ride I bought the same one in that color first week of July, what did you get done at the detailers? I'm looking to get some springs to drop it a few inches, any recommendations?>

Can't tell if you have the tech and/or activesense package. But dropping the vehicle height could affect these systems. It's outlined in the manual...

Looking at the badge on the front grille, the car is equipped with the iActiveSense package, so yes, your point is a good one!

Twins!

Just picked up my 2016 CX-5 GT w/tech in Alberta

EgdlzI6CqiYdUsJbeOzHPMaMrjesZLJO8geZbBlJcnE=w876-h1556-no

xh8IvBPXp_MZNXROQ9kstWYy_aoRlcVxN9pICA_Ut1s=w876-h1556-no

Looking forward to joining the community here.

Congrats on your new ride. We must have twins out of the same litter - mine is also a 2016 GT w/Tech package in Deep Crystal Blue Mica, just got it three weeks ago -

Best of luck with it........

OC

STOP QUOTING THE PICTURES!!

Anyways, congrats. Love the interior color combo of the new CX-5 and Mazda6. The frequent cleaning of the white leather would be worth it for me. Exactly what I want, which is a shade lighter than my Sand Leather.

Welcome! And yes please, like saynotopis suggested, just delete the xxxxxxxxxx.jpg out of the text when you quote... If you want to drop there are a few kits available, starting from about $250 new. If you lower with the stock wheels, and no spacers, it will look silly because the wheels will have a "tucked" look. Most who lowered with stock wheels also added 25mm spacers to push the wheels out a bit. If you were ever considering getting aftermarket wheels however, the offset would be at least flush.

If you lower with the stock wheels, and no spacers, it will look silly because the wheels will have a "tucked" look. Most who lowered with stock wheels also added 25mm spacers to push the wheels out a bit.

Keep in mind that spacers will increase the effective length of the suspension arms front and rear which will decrease the effective spring rate (soften the suspension).

My measurements show the effective lengths of the stock arms are ~16" front and ~26" rear. The effective spring rate of the rear suspension will only soften 3.8% (vs. OEM) but the front will be 6.25% softer. Also, lowering a vehicle reduces the distance to bottoming so the spring rate must be increased to avoid the damage and harshness associated with bottoming. I imagine the lowering springs on the market already take this into account (hence the harsher ride) but the differences between the front/rear when adding spacers can cause unbalanced handling when encountering dips and bumps (especially at higher speeds).

I could never give up any of the generous travel provided by the CX-5 suspension due to the types of roads I travel on. It would be a huge downgrade in performance for me (not to mention ride quality).

I live in Canada so there is zero chance I would consider a drop. I've also encountered my first trouble, the Satellite radio doesn't work. (hand) Have to take it back to the dealer because XM tried resetting the signal 5 times and it wouldn't accept. Not the end of the world, but still annoying.

Last edited:
Keep in mind that spacers will increase the effective length of the suspension arms front and rear which will decrease the effective spring rate (soften the suspension).

My measurements show the effective lengths of the stock arms are ~16" front and ~26" rear. The effective spring rate of the rear suspension will only soften 3.8% (vs. OEM) but the front will be 6.25% softer. Also, lowering a vehicle reduces the distance to bottoming so the spring rate must be increased to avoid the damage and harshness associated with bottoming. I imagine the lowering springs on the market already take this into account (hence the harsher ride) but the differences between the front/rear when adding spacers can cause unbalanced handling when encountering dips and bumps (especially at higher speeds).

I could never give up any of the generous travel provided by the CX-5 suspension due to the types of roads I travel on. It would be a huge downgrade in performance for me (not to mention ride quality).

Oh ok, I understand where your coming from now. thanks for the explanation. I live in Central Florida so i don't foresee me driving up mountains or anything of that sort. The roads are plain flat here. Is there a webiste you all recommend?

On another note, i'm trying to get some ideas on what I should do to i)protect the paint and if its worth it ii)should I get all weather mats (currently have the regular rug one iii)I really like the infotainment hack (how difficult is it to install)?

I live in Canada so there is zero chance I would consider a drop. I've also encountered my first trouble, the Satellite radio doesn't work. (hand) Have to take it back to the dealer because XM tried resetting the signal 5 times and it wouldn't accept. Not the end of the world, but still annoying.

Mine did the same thing, it did not work until the day after I setup the service and after the third (or so) signal they sent. It took a while but eventually worked...although the signal strength leaves a lot to be desired even when it does work.

Back