Exhaust Tips - These look GREAT !!!

Those don't look to bad, but if all your wanting is a shiny exhaust tip then get some #000 or #0000 steel wool and a good metal polish. I polished mine two days after I bought it and they look really good.

attachment.php

Last edited:
Those don't look to bad, but if all your wanting is a shiny exhaust tip then get some #000 or #0000 steal wool and a good metal polish.

I prefer to pay for my wool, stealing it just doesn't seem right.(wink)

Haha, good catch. I'm horrible with spelling times, I type faster then I think. I fixed the original post for the spelling air

Those don't look to bad, but if all your wanting is a shiny exhaust tip then get some #000 or #0000 steel wool and a good metal polish. I polished mine two days after I bought it and they look really good.

attachment.php

Whoa is that the stock tip? If so I'm going to try to polish it with some Magic Erasers. If that don't work I'll just "steal" me some #000 metal pads I guess.

Yes those are the stock tips, I used Meguiars medium cut metal polish and some #0000 steel wool. Spent maybe 15min on each tip and buffed with a terry cloth when finished. They look much better then what they came stock as. I can't believe mazda didn't do this to begin with. I doubt a magic eraser is going to do much if anything to the tips

Curious how these look after a few months. I had something similar on my 2002 Rav4 back in the day that attached with screws. The metal was poor quality and easily turned black and was even rusting in some areas. With the increased maintenance of having to keep it clean more than the stock tips, I wish I would've chopped it off and had it done right the first time. If these turn out pretty good after a few months, I'd be interested. Let us know. Thanks!

The polished stock tips are still going strong. they clean up really easily and I just use my wheel mitt on them when washing the car with soapy water and any black soot or anything come right off

The polished stock tips are still going strong. they clean up really easily and I just use my wheel mitt on them when washing the car with soapy water and any black soot or anything come right off

Thanks for update.

Only b/c of this thread, I noticed on the road today that someone had that on their car too. Perhaps if the stock tip was painted a flat black, then it wouldn't stand out so much with the new tip going over it. Just a thought.

If one was to paint the exhaust tips so they don't stand as much when putting a sleeve over the top high heat paint should be used. I would probably go with something the rustoluem High heat grill paint rated to 2000 degrees.

attachment.php

You missed the inside of the pipe!

Back