Potential New owner

jjp735i

:
CX-5
started looking at a 2016 CX-5 and on Mazdas website you can build a sport with the 2.5 engine and auto. Stopped at a dealer today and he said you can't get that combination. Kept telling me you can't get FWD with 2.5 and auto.

Is the dealer full of crap or is Mazdas website wrong?

Thanks, jjp

Full of crap. I drove one a few times.

Once you go to AUTO tranny - you automatically get the 2.5 engine.

I *believe* the ONLY CX5 with the 2.0 is the manual tranny lower level trim.

The only sport that is available with the 2.0 is the manual, if you go to auto you get the 2.5, if you go to AWD you get the 2.5 plus the 2.5. I was a little sad at the fact that I couldn't get the 2.5 with a manual. But your dealer is dead wrong, you can get the sport trim with the 2.5 and auto in either FWD or AWD. It's amazing how much the customer has to educate some of these dealers.

As everyone said, you can get it. That dealer likely didn't have it, and would rather sell you something off the lot. I had a similar situation because I wanted FWD, and all dealers within a hundred mile radius had the GT trim in AWD. I had one dealer flat out tell me they won't bother selling me a car, fair enough. But I eventually got what I wanted.

Thanks everyone, I stopped at another dealer and they are more then welcome to find me what I want. I haven't quit decided color and options yet. It is a shame you can't get the 2.5 with manual.

The search starts.

Good luck jjp....it's all a state of mind. Set out to enjoy the process and you will. Set out for a fight...and you'll get one :)

For me...if I have a fun and pleasurable buying process...I just enjoy the car more and feel good about it all around.

Back