Fumoto Valve

DBLXX

:
CX-5
Anyone use the F-106N valve?

If so - did you need the adapter?

Doesn't look like it but wanted to ask.

Thx

i installed four months ago and i did my first oil change with it. let me say it makes life that much easier put piece clear hose on and into the oil drain pan hole easy as pie

i installed four months ago and i did my first oil change with it. let me say it makes life that much easier put piece clear hose on and into the oil drain pan hole easy as pie

When it's done draining, do you remove the valve to let the last bit of old oil to drain out or just call it "good enough for government work"?

When it's done draining, do you remove the valve to let the last bit of old oil to drain out or just call it "good enough for government work"?
MikeM., that's funny... :D The major reason why people want Fumoto valve installed is the convenience of NOT taking the drain plug off. You're asking people to remove the Fumoto valve to drain out the last bit of old oil? No way Jose!

I know where were you coming from on this. There is one member took off the oil pan with Fumoto valve installed only to find out the thread length of the valve is too long. This makes old oil can't never drain out completely and also keeps debris from draining out with old oil. It's very funny I even saw a member installed Fumoto valve said he waited for an hour just to make sure the oil was completely drained. (uhm)(boom07)(boom08)

That's why I skip the Fumoto valve, and just remove the drain plug and do the oil change in the old fashion way to make sure I can drain the oil and debris out completely. Oil change on CX-5 is the easiest I've seen anyway.

As stated, it seems the drain plug prevents more of the oil from draining. I don't see the value in convenience with that.

Back