Anyone have the OEM bra - nose mask?

DBLXX

:
CX-5
What are your thoughts on it? Does it fit tight? Does it fit right?

Can I have some opinions, please?

On a side note - didn't the front end change on the 2016? How can the item # be the same from 2015 to 2016?

Thanks

The grill and the fog lights changed for 2016, but the bumper valance remains the same. Hence it takes the same mask. Expect an avalanche of responses advising against a cloth bra. Most people end up leaving them on permanently and then are surprised when they remove them and the paint finish underneath is severely abraded from dirt that collects there. DON"T DO IT!

In my experience with 2010 Accord the nose mask had a tight fit initially. You really have to stretch it out with a blow dryer. I would imagine the fit to be tight for the CX-5. Lots of elbow grease lol. And if it isn't tight then expect some flapping or rocks getting in and scratching up your paint which sort of defeats is protective purpose. Cleaning up bug guts is a bit easier. What sucks is if you car is super dirty and you wash it, grime starts to build up behind the mask if you don't remove it. Removing and installing the thing sucks. Over time the inside soft fabric collects dirt. The OEM cover I had had breathable fabric covering the engine bay inlet which means less air flow for the engine to cool off. Then there's the storage part if you choose not to use it full time.

After that experience I went to paint protection film and never looked back.

There is only one scenario in which a nose cover would be useful- A long road trip. Place mask on. Seal off edges with painters tape. You'll look fugly yet well protected lol.

Clear film bra all the way. More expensive but so totally worth it!

What he said ^^^
Do it on all my vehicles when they're new before their first road trip, in fact, having it done on my new CX-5 next week. Have had excellent results with the Expel film, and of course a competent installer makes a world of difference.

What he said ^^^
Do it on all my vehicles when they're new before their first road trip, in fact, having it done on my new CX-5 next week. Have had excellent results with the Expel film, and of course a competent installer makes a world of difference.

Just did my bumper, side mirrors, headilghts, fog lights and door handle cups using Scotchgard Pro 2 film. Excellent installer in central MA and reasonable price. The CX-5 is brand new (2 weeks old), came out perfect. I had the option of either the new Expel Ultrashield or the new Scotchgard Pro 2, it was really a tossup, I don't think there's much difference between the two in their latest generation products. And yes, it's all in the hands of the installer, though I've installed Expel headlight film before (their first generation) and the new generation is much, much easier to put on, so I wouldn't hesitate to do the headlights myself. A big piece like a bumper or hood protector takes a little experience.

Back