Mazda Mobile Start smartphone app

Mister Bleu

:
2015 CX-5 Touring FWD
As reported in thetruthaboutcars.com, Mazda announced a new smartphone app that combines remote start, panic alarm and vehicle unlocking:
The app, which is free for the first year and $65 annually after, will be called Mazda Mobile Start. The suggested retail price is $500 for the option, but allegedly official kits are selling on Ebay for $419.50.

From the press release:

IRVINE, Calif. (July 9, 2015) Mazda North American Operations (MNAO) has announced the launch of Mazda Mobile Start, the only Smartphone Remote Engine Start system engineered and designed specifically for Mazda vehicles. Meeting all of Mazdas exacting factory standards and specifications, Mazda Mobile Start can be purchased and installed at local authorized Mazda dealers.

Mazda Mobile Start comes with more than just the features and functions of the app; it also comes with peace of mind, said Trisha Quezada, manager, accessories, sales and marketing at MNAO. Mazda Mobile Start was created with convenience and safety in mind to enhance the overall driving experience that matters so much to our customers.

https://www.mazdamobilestart.com

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/mazda-mobile-start/id938285037?ls=1&mt=8
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mazda.mms&hl=en

screen568x568.jpeg

screen568x568.jpeg

screen568x568.jpeg

blq4oP8a7SSNuWvUCu8sC7MrOLBMDayigS0F-kqGdot-N5BE5IkIZZ23EtXuW1xrrHY=h900-rw

YcIqo66cYegSVcS_twszEkPEeEQEgXonBphavi9-ndse1i371vzolMIncHkAh9tdRjtY=h900-rw

Vehicle List

2016 Mazda6 – Automatic Transmission Only (Sport, Touring, Grand Touring)
2016 Mazda CX-5 – Automatic Transmission Only (Sport, Touring, Grand Touring)

That link is just for the standard remote starter. That isn't the same as MMS, and won't work with the cell phone app.

If you don't have a factory alarm, the only thing extra that you need to install is the hood switch (instructions in the PDF I linked to).

That link is just for the standard remote starter. That isn't the same as MMS, and won't work with the cell phone app.

If you don't have a factory alarm, the only thing extra that you need to install is the hood switch (instructions in the PDF I linked to).

Both versions can be ordered from that site.

Screen%20Shot%202015-07-10%20at%2010.22.54%20AM.png

Didn't see that. That's weird. If I saw a list of accessories there and that was classified under the general "Remote Starter" heading, especially with that picture, I would look somewhere else to buy it.

They might want to rethink doing it that way, especially since they're two totally different accessories that don't require each other.

Ironically... IIRC I bought quite a number of accessories via eBay and it was this dealership selling the items.

Probably why they're still selling on eBay. :p

I wonder what the chances are of getting a local dealer to match or beat their prices.

I had the remote engine start installed. Can I get the app on my smart phone and use it or do I need something different installed on the car?

Does anyone know if Mazda intends to release this for the 2015 models? I want to upgrade to a system like this one, and am debating between Compustar/Drone Mobile and Mazda Mobile Start (if possible).

I had the remote engine start installed. Can I get the app on my smart phone and use it or do I need something different installed on the car?

ONLY the MMS (Mazda Mobile Start) works with the app. A normal remote start even if it is a Mazda OEM doses not work with the Mazda MMS phone app.

Can the MMS be installed at the factory in Japan if you are ordering a custom made vehicle?

I assume it can be installed at the factory in Japan if you ask them to before the car ships out on the carrier.

Can the MMS be installed at the factory in Japan if you are ordering a custom made vehicle?

I assume it can be installed at the factory in Japan if you ask them to before the car ships out on the carrier.

I don't think It would actually be installed at the factory but rather it would be a port installed accessory for the car meaning that the mazda guys would install it at the port of entry. Pretty common and many feel a safer bet then having the local dealer do it as the port installers do hundreds of installs where as the dealer maybe does one or two

Would someone with the Mazda Mobile Start already installed please post a quick photo of the GPS and TEL film antennas that are installed at the top of the windshield on the passenger's side?

Just curious on how visually obvious the connectors may be...I already assume that with the clear portions and the relatively small size of the antennas themselves there really isn't any interference with driver field of view. (wink)

Would someone with the Mazda Mobile Start already installed please post a quick photo of the GPS and TEL film antennas that are installed at the top of the windshield on the passenger's side?

Just curious on how visually obvious the connectors may be...I already assume that with the clear portions and the relatively small size of the antennas themselves there really isn't any interference with driver field of view. (wink)

Howdy RL,

Here's a quick snap of what the Windshield looks like, it's not bothersome at all.

The only concern I've got is I was going to have a Windshield Tint for about 5" down,
and not sure about having the Tint cover it or cut out around the Ant which might look
bad.

161060668.DzasuhDe.CX5WindshildGPS.TELAnt.jpg

Thank you, Craig! Yup, very unobtrusive.....

Indeed that might be problematic for any tint band. I also wonder if metallic tint might cause some interference, even if it isn't installed actually overlapping the antennas.

Not going to be an issue for me if I pursue MMS, as current FL law is no tint below the AS-1 line, and at least the 2016 CX-5 factory glass doesn't have an AS-1 marking--so to be fully legal, that means no tint at all on the windshield. (five-0) There is no provision for windshields without such lines, as other states have (5 or 6" max from the top is a typical provision)

Last edited:
I don't think It would actually be installed at the factory but rather it would be a port installed accessory for the car meaning that the mazda guys would install it at the port of entry. Pretty common and many feel a safer bet then having the local dealer do it as the port installers do hundreds of installs where as the dealer maybe does one or two

So at "port" means that when the Mazda comes off the ship at LA and is put into a shop where Mazda techs install the product?

So it's not like "port" install means some 18 year kid is installing it on your CX5??

So it's 2 antennas, one on the right and then the one on the left?

I wonder if you use the Bluetooth function while driving does your cellphone use it's internal antenna or the Mazda installed windshield antennas?

The window antennas would be better since they sit high up and grab a better cell signal.

Back