coincidence or not,,,I am glad this happened (text mssgs)

Krul1

:
2016 CX5 touring
I have had my 2016 since June 1st, and up until today like many of you, unable to receieve text messages.Iread the manual,checked here for solutions, went back to the dealer,spoke to Mazda support, T mobile and Samsung (galaxy s2) and nothing until today...
Heres what happened....
Opened the door,sat down,push start,all normal,,, except nav screen displays compass and reads not equipped with navigation(maybe not exact words but you no what I mean) Which it is...so I check the card and it is fully inserted, so I thought pull it out and let it "reboot"...with the card out I realized my phone on the passenger seat was powered off...
something it not normally is. With Nav working, I turn on my phone and head out. Then It Happened...
"you have a new text message" comes out of the center speaker,never hearing this before I pull into a nearby parking lot and there it was, clicking the "read" button produced a female voice stating my friend had just left the hospital and her foot is broken in two places,,,I was overjoyed,not about her foot, but that somehow, my 2016 Soul Red Mazda CX5 and I "connected" on a way that I was told was not possible...

Seriously... do you think having my phone off and pulling the card had anything to do with it???...up untill today I was not even able to select the get messages on the settings screen it was grayed out,now todays texts and every text that was on my phone was there.... coincidence or not I'm glad it works

I would check what version of the firmware software you are running in the car right now. The older version 51 had some bugs with resetting and not connecting properly. Go to your dealer and ask them to update the firmware to version 55. That might solve your issues

Back