floppyhood

:
RDX Aspec Adv.
My hood is floppy above 70mph. Is this just "nature of the beast", or does something need adjusting? Static, it seems very secure with no real play in it.

Man it sucks you guys are having these "hood" issues. I disagree, it is not a nature of the beast as both our Mazdas' hoods are secure even at high speeds of 85-90 mph. But hey, maybe its an excuse to get a carbon fiber hood lol.

I'd take it to the dealer.

Man it sucks you guys are having these "hood" issues. I disagree, it is not a nature of the beast as both our Mazdas' hoods are secure even at high speeds of 85-90 mph. But hey, maybe its an excuse to get a carbon fiber hood lol.

I'd take it to the dealer.

I don't really see what could be fixed, and don't view it as an issue. It's just different I guess.

I thought they would have addressed this issue with the 2016's. Is that not the case? If not I'll have to keep an eye on my hood.

The hood on my RX-7 used to rattle at speed. I put a couple little rubber stoppers in and the rattle/lift is gone. :) Find a spot under the leading edge of the hood to put a couple rubber spacers in. When the hood closes on them and compresses the rubber, the hood won't rattle anymore.

Or you can take your chances at the dealer

When passing a semi going the opposite direction at speeds of 60+ I notice the hood vibrate and ripple like foil. That's the only time I have noticed it.

My whole hood vibrates. Even on bumps at 20mph sometimes. I didn't think it was the same issue because even the very corner near the left of the windshield and right, will shake. I also pressed on the hood in the area the TSB outlines, and the (very easily) flexible hood only flexed in small sections, so I think the sealant is in tact. Regardless, it won't fly off. It doesn't harm visibility. I'm motoring on and not worrying with it anymore.

Sky active equates to tin foil body panels.
Not necessary true. You only need stronger but thinner high-tensile steel body panels surrounding the cabin to protect passengers. Hood will always be weak to absorb the energy during the frontal collision.

This was fixed on pre 2014.5 models. Mine doesn't have it. Maybe you got old stock hood. Dealer will have a fix for you.

This was fixed on pre 2014.5 models. Mine doesn't have it. Maybe you got old stock hood. Dealer will have a fix for you.

I'm just wondering if my issue is the same as previous. The whole hood shakes. It looks like it's shaking. Not flexing. But I'll take it in anyways. We have a good dealer here and free is free so why not?

I don't know, but it's not that big of a deal. I just noticed it and found it different so I posted. I was unaware that it was "an issue" with these vehicles. I can certainly ignore it.

Back