Dealer damaged rims during service, need independent Mazda shop in Seattle

Hello all -

I recently had a bad experience taking my CX-5 to the dealer for service. A tire rotation was performed and they scratched two of my rims :(

There were also spots of oil/grease in the interior of the car.

This was the third time taking my car there for service and the first time I have something to complain about.

I noticed the damage after I left the dealer and did not take any pictures of the rims before the service so I doubt I can make them fix them.

Do you have any recommended independent Mazda shop in the Seattle area where I can take the car to from now on?

Thanks!

Yep, I put my car in for an alignment once and the tech decided to take the car around the block (something they don't usually do) to verify it and of course I noticed a curb rash on my wheel after I got home. To this day after over 1.5 year of ownership is still the only curb rash on the wheel and that incident was after about 3 or 4 months of onwership. There isn't much you can do if it isn't something you noticed on the spot or documented beforehand unfortunately.

Hello all -
I recently had a bad experience taking my CX-5 to the dealer for service. A tire rotation was performed and they scratched two of my rims :(
There were also spots of oil/grease in the interior of the car. This was the third time taking my car there for service and the first time I have something to complain about.I noticed the damage after I left the dealer and did not take any pictures of the rims before the service so I doubt I can make them fix them.
Are you kidding? Unless this happened six months ago, get yourself back to the dealer ASAP and tell them what happened and demand they make good on the damage. This kind of thing happens and dealer service departments budget for it. You certainly don't need "before/after" pics to prove it. Who does that?!

I agree with paris, get your butt back to the dealer and point out the problem. Going to another dealer isn't going to make it go away.

Over the years I've had my share of service issues and usually the dealer will make it right. If you keep running everytime there's a problem, you're going to run out of dealers real quick.

Back