Bought set of wheel locks from Amazon $16

Sheepdog

:
2016 CX-5 Touring Awd
I researched and ordered a set of Gorilla M12x1.5 wheel locks from Amazon for $16 with free shipping.
Manufacturer Part Number LCB3L6HC-CH06LK4
I didn't see paying $45 for the Mazda ones. The Gorilla brand actually look higher quality. After I install them, I'll post a pic if they fit well.

I'm glad I live in a part of the U.S. where wheel locks are not needed. Nobody I know uses them and it's almost unheard of for wheels to be taken off a vehicle. Never happened to anyone I've known in this area over the last 50 years.

I'm glad I live in a part of the U.S. where wheel locks are not needed. Nobody I know uses them and it's almost unheard of for wheels to be taken off a vehicle. Never happened to anyone I've known in this area over the last 50 years.
I dont think its as common as it once was...but the way I see it anyways, is if a thief wants something, they will figure out a way to steal it.

I researched and ordered a set of Gorilla M12x1.5 wheel locks from Amazon for $16 with free shipping.
I didn't see paying $45 for the Mazda ones. The Gorilla brand actually look higher quality. After I install them, I'll post a pic if they fit well.
Please report back, I'm looking to buy. A friend bought a set for his '16 at Pep Boys for about the same price you paid.
Better safe than sorry and keeps the amateurs away. (wink)

It's definitely still a problem. At least here in MD. I grew up in the rural areas where it happened and it is a problem around Baltimore. I'm sure that any major metropolitan area has it's fair share of issues.

The biggest ones now are usually the higher end factory wheels that have the same bolt patterns and can be interchanged onto other vehicles made by the manufacturer. The Nissan Skyline GTR is a common target, and pretty much any MB, BMW, AUDI etc. A lot of their wheels are interchangeable.

The one you mentioned is taller, hence looks odd comparing to other factory lug nuts, than $45.28 https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned) which is specially made by McGard. Gorilla one feels like the torx screw head which has one special head pattern and one key can be used for all Gorilla wheel lock nuts. Mazda or McGard's seems to have many slightly different key pattern where one key may not be able to be used on another wheel lock set. But Mazda's wheel locks are indeed way overpriced!

Put one on yesterday, they fit and are made very nicely, but you are right, these are quite a bit longer and look weird. So I'm sending them back. Might look for shorter ones, or just do without. Not paying $42+ for the Mazda ones, since a low chance of them getting taken anyways.

So you just spent $16 and will now probably spend another $5 to ship them back. The next ones will cost you maybe $20, and if you don't like them you will spend another $5 to send them back. Then you'll find another pair, spend around $20, maybe send them back as well... In the end you will maybe have saved $10 and spent an awful lot of time researching, installing, running to the post office and whatnot. And instead of Mazda (or your local dealer) you will just have made UPS rich instead.

Seriously, for such a minor part it's just not worth it.

Put one on yesterday, they fit and are made very nicely, but you are right, these are quite a bit longer and look weird. So I'm sending them back. Might look for shorter ones, or just do without. Not paying $42+ for the Mazda ones, since a low chance of them getting taken anyways.

Last edited:
You've spent almost $30K for a CX-5 but are not willing to spend $45 for an OEM wheel locks? I'm not saying finding a low priced substitute to save some money is wrong, but sometimes we just have to spend some money to get a right one. PM piotrek91 and take his offer ASAP!

This one still looks different and a little taller than OEM's.

... Seriously, for such a minor part it's just not worth it.
I agree with you. I feel I'd rather get an OEM parts with better design and quality for more money, but with less issues during and after the installation. My time is more valuable at this stage.

I have a brand new, never installed OEM set (came with the car, but dealer never installed them) that I'd be willing to sell for $20 + shipping.
There are my OEM locks in the unopened bag:
qRiOGZr.jpg
This Mazda wheel lock set, 0000-89-120D, has different part number and packaging than https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned) I bought for CX-5's.

amazon one (linked above) is for different range of models per the description - 0000-88-120D
our 2016 cx-5 came with a similar bag as pictured above - 0000-89-120D
- likely same lugs, updated part no. when cx-5 was added, cx-7 removed from specs

amazon one (linked above) is for different range of models per the description - 0000-88-120D
our 2016 cx-5 came with a similar bag as pictured above - 0000-89-120D
- likely same lugs, updated part no. when cx-5 was added, cx-7 removed from specs
I bought my OEM wheel locks from parts of my Mazda dealer which has part number 0000-88-120D-BP and the same package as Amazon's. Just checked Med Center Mazda website their Genuine Mazda Wheel Locks has the same part number, 0000-88-120D-BP, as mine. (uhm)

part no.

attachment.php

yup, posted before i had a chance to double check same 0000-88-120D part no., slightly diff package

Please report back, I'm looking to buy. A friend bought a set for his '16 at Pep Boys for about the same price you paid.
Better safe than sorry and keeps the amateurs away. (wink)

My friend put his on today. He said they fit and look good. He sent me a picture with them on the wheel.
This is the package he bought...they were under $30.
http://www.pepboys.com/product/details/8982652/00453

24157.JPG

Wheel Locks...?

I was fortunate. Factory Mazda wheel locks came already installed when I purchased my CX5T.

CX5T Lover

Surveillance Video Captures Thieves Taking Tires, Rims Off Mercedes-Benz in Williamsburg
Thursday, Jun 25, 2015
A New York City woman was stunned to find her brand new car stripped entirely of its tires and rims in Brooklyn, and even more shocked when she saw on surveillance video how quickly and efficiently two thieves managed to pry them off as other cars drove past.
The video taken on a Williamsburg block captures the entire theft early Monday morning. The thieves spot the Mercedes Benz, use a jack to hoist the car off the ground and rest the vehicle on garbage. Then they go for the tires, removing lug nuts one by one and rolling the tires away.
Read more and see video here: http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/loca...-309695271.html?_osource=SocialFlowFB_NYBrand

lol $45.. you don't wanna know what I paid for my auto exe lugs then, two sets at that

Back