DVD Player For Car

jo15765

:
2014 CX-5
To get the "media package" installed the dealer told me it would be roughly (and this guy was new so he may be way off) 5,000. I said forget it! Here I am almost 2 years later and was thinking why can't I just order a headrest DVD player from somewhere on the web and just set it up and here I am out of pocket $100. Which leads me to the question, what Headrest DVD Player would you guys recommend as being compatible with the CX-5? Black Cloth Interior.

Headrest DVD players? Are they still popular? Why not a tablet? Far more flexible and does more than movies.

Headrest DVD players? Are they still popular? Why not a tablet? Far more flexible and does more than movies.

Looking for something for when the tablet battery is drained on those longer trips. Just an alternative solution if I can find one for a reasonable price.

At a Mazda dealership I visited there was a 2016 CX-5 on the showroom floor with dealer installed built-in DVD screens in the back of both front headrests.
The price for it on the window sticker was around $950.

Pick up an old iPad somewhere and load it up with movies. If you want to attach it to your headrest, get a strap for $5.

We used to have a Range Rover with a built-in system, and it pretty much bordered on highway robbery when it broke down and we asked the dealer to fix it. Never again.

Looking for something for when the tablet battery is drained on those longer trips. Just an alternative solution if I can find one for a reasonable price.

Headrest strap and run a power cord to the tablet from outlet

I put them in my cx-5. The model is this.

XTRONS Black 2x Twin 9" Touch Screen Car Headrest DVD Player Games &...
Sold by: Xtrons

Matches my interior well.

This was around 280. They are a bit bigger than the stock. But they are not the largest around even though they are 9" screens. I'm generally happy. The removable covers arnt as cool as I thought

Tablets arnt bad but we own so many dvds especially for kids movies. Plus I fill up the iPad so quickly with more than a couple on it. I hate spending time tendering them over and I'm not buying the movie again. Neither am I paying for a data service to the ipad

Someday I'll post my writeup n

Need to get familiar with "bit torrent" and magnet files.... you'll save a lot of time

Some pics the smaller ones are the stock
XTRONS Black 2x Twin 9" Touch Screen Car Headrest DVD Player Games &...
Sold by: Xtrons

I need to take a pic of them installed. Last pic is of the stock ones. Install was like an hour or two. Not much. Tapped into the unused port in the fuse box. Has usbs too so hypothetically they could be used to charge. Havnt tried that yet so I don't know how much current they draw

Oh I forgot the stupid things don't stay up. I don't really want them up so its not a big deal. But sure I didn't do the adaptor right. Still would never pay much for the install it's seriously easy.

Latest posts

Back