USB tab greyed out

socalcx-5

Have a '14 CX-5 GT. Had the BT module replaced about a year ago, when on a road trip the BT/Pandora/USB tabs all went grey and wouldn't function at all. Since then it has worked more or less fine.

The car is my wife's daily driver. Yesterday she told me that the USB port (the one in the center armrest) stopped working and went grey on the menu. She uses BT to connect her phone/play her music, but uses the USB cable to charge her phone (it's an iphone 6). I took a look at it last night and tried swapping out the cable - still didn't work. All the other tabs seem fine, but the USB one is greyed out. However, I just realized today that in my Honda Accord, the USB cable needs to be plugged in already when you turn on the ignition - if you plug it in after the car is already running, it won't work. Is the Mazda the same way? I don't have access to the car right now, otherwise I'd check myself.

No, it will work either way. Its possible that the fuse is burnt if it wont charge as well as not reading usb drives.

yeah, it could be the fuse. Interestingly, my wife said it stopped working when a passenger in her car tried to plug in their phone to charge it. I wonder if that had something to do with it.

What's the fix - have the dealership replace the fuse?

Back