CX-5 2.5 with M/T??

dtholmanmax

:
2010 Mazda CX-9
I'm sure this item has been discussed but i'm not seeing it in my searches...I'm hoping to trade my CX-9 for a new CX-5 in about a year or maybe a little more...does anyone know if they'll bump the m/t up to get a 2.5l engine or is it going to stay 2.0?

Thanks
Dave

I'm sure this item has been discussed but i'm not seeing it in my searches...I'm hoping to trade my CX-9 for a new CX-5 in about a year or maybe a little more...does anyone know if they'll bump the m/t up to get a 2.5l engine or is it going to stay 2.0?

Thanks
Dave

I think it's very unlikely that they'll bump it up to 2.5L.
It's more likely that they'll drop the manual option altogether (2016 CX-3 is not offered with a manual).

Mazda has no such plans. And for good reason, it wouldnt sell enough to justify the cost.

MT is available here on the cx3 for the diesel and gas, and for the cx5 on both diesel 150ps and 175ps and the gas 2.0. The 2.5 though is AT only.

Bummer, since I would really consider the 2.5 in manual.

yeah, i would definitely consider it also. clearly why i'm asking. don't want to be like the guy so disappointed in the 2.0. although i may risk it anyway. at least drive it to see how bad it is

not trying to hear all that :( Was hoping for some good news, not all this negativity

sorry..

The 2.0L 6MT CX-5 is a great car and it really does not "need" a 2.5L engine. You should at least take one of for a test drive!
Obviously, more power wouldn't hurt, but the car is great the way it is too. It's a very fun and engaging drive.
It's not a car for the lazy driver because it requires you to think ahead and choose the right gear for the job.

It is slow around town due to its wide gear ratios, but once you're above 2nd gear shifts are effortless and rewarding.

Like poitrek91 said (more or less), the 2.0 is a much-maligned engine for really no good reason. Even with the 6AT, it has plenty of go and has never let me down in any situation. Of course it's always better to have "more power" (to quote Tim the Tool-man Taylor!), but a 2.0 liter CX-5 is not the penalty box that a lot of folks make it out to be!

Like poitrek91 said (more or less), the 2.0 is a much-maligned engine for really no good reason. Even with the 6AT, it has plenty of go and has never let me down in any situation. Of course it's always better to have "more power" (to quote Tim the Tool-man Taylor!), but a 2.0 liter CX-5 is not the penalty box that a lot of folks make it out to be!

i agree the 2.0 MT is a peppy engine, really fun to drive.

Yup - I've had a 2.0 MT for almost 3 years and 45k+ miles - I love it - it gets great mpg and with the MT, I can wind out any gear I like if I like.
As the previous poster said it's not the lazy driver's car b/c you have to actively choose the right gear for the application.
It's the best MT I've ever driven.

Yup - I've had a 2.0 MT for almost 3 years and 45k+ miles - I love it - it gets great mpg and with the MT, I can wind out any gear I like if I like.
As the previous poster said it's not the lazy driver's car b/c you have to actively choose the right gear for the application.
It's the best MT I've ever driven.
I take it you've never driven a Miata!

Back