Scuffed up the black trim around the wheel-wells....any way to darken it back up??

Bon Scott

Contributor
:
2014.5 CX-5 GT AWD
Hello fellow zoomers,

Upon using an electric polisher, i accidentally scuffed up the plastic trim around the wheels. When I wipe it down with some 303, the marks are barely noticeable. But once it dries, the marks are a bit of an eye sore. Is there a product out that that will restore the black to the trim without altering the rest of the trim??

Thx...

Bon

this just came up in another thread.. in short, to remove the polish/wax a few items to try : peanut oil, rubber eraser, wd40 for starter those seem to be polular. I used wd40 myself.

I'm assuming that all that has happened is that you have the polish or wax on the plastic trim and you didn't actually scratch the trim. A pencil eraser peanut oil or wd40 will take off the polish/wax. I would not recommend the mothers back to black, it's but not great. Turtle wax Jet black trim restorer is a bit of a sleeper product, gets great reviews and is available most places.

Just finished using WD40 and it worked like a charm. Had it in the back of my CX-5 the entire time and never even thought to try it out. Thx much for the replies, guys!!

Bon

I would forgo the paint thinner and try just the linseed oil first. When working on the exterior of the car always start with least aggressive and work your way up.

Latest posts

Back