Rear Wiper Arm Removal

HumblePie

:
CX-5 Touring
Hi everyone. How do I remove the rear wiper arm on 2014 Mazda CX-5? I have removed the cover and the nut but the arm stays firmly in place. I'm not sure how much force I should use (if any) before I give up and return the dealer. I did see one other thread that mentioned the use of a gear puller. I'm hoping the arm really isn't that difficult to remove. Thanks!

According to the WSM, once you remove the cap and the nut, you should be able to pivot the arm up at a 90 degree angle (perpendicular to the glass) and simply remove it. Doesn't say anything about a puller of any sort. Good luck!

I removed mine once, I don't remember any specials tools. I pretty sure I used a ratchet only.

Same here...

Hi everyone. How do I remove the rear wiper arm on 2014 Mazda CX-5? I have removed the cover and the nut but the arm stays firmly in place. I'm not sure how much force I should use (if any) before I give up and return the dealer. I did see one other thread that mentioned the use of a gear puller. I'm hoping the arm really isn't that difficult to remove. Thanks!

I was wondering the same thing the other day. Wanted to replace the rubber in the arm myself. Never was even able to remove the blasted cover.
Seems as though it would break if we added any pressure...Will wait until I am near an Autozone, or the dealer.
Never cared much for this setup. If I remember, the 2011 Hyundai Tuscon had an arm that you just gently pulled up on!
I remember changing that rear blade, and even though they are all supposed to be the same...the new one did not fit (the arm curve was off!) Wound up removing the rubber insert and installing just the insert instead.

Living in the High Sierra (desert country) presents some interesting challenges...ie: it decided to rain (a rarity in these parts) today, and my rear wiper needed replacement! Oh well, at least the fronts are simple!

Paris1 was correct, the nut came off and the wiper lifted off...with some persuasion. I had to replace the arm because a car wash broke a piece of the wiper result in the arm being able to bend around at weird angles. Hopefully it doesn't happen again!

WP_20150613_001.jpg

Back