A Sea of Silver & Gray

Tango2014

:
2015 CX-5 Touring, FWD, Born: October 2014 Moon/BOSE
Purchased our new 2015 CX-5 (Liquid Silver) about a month ago. Last Sunday, as we were leaving our church I said to my husband..."look at all the cars that look just like ours!" Most of the CUV's in the parking lot, regardless of make, were various shades of silver or gray. I walked ahead of him and went to the back to get the umbrella out of the cargo area. When I came back, I didn't see my husband anywhere. Then I saw him in a car two spaces down from us. I was driving that day and he just plopped himself into the passenger seat of what he thought was our car! He noticed there was just one cup holder in the center and quickly got out. We had a good laugh on the way home while I was thinking maybe, just maybe, we should have gotten a color that was a bit more out of the mainstream. At least I installed the yellow film on the fog lights - which nobody else has - so far! (We do still LOVE our baby though!)

Attachments

• Fog Lights.jpg
    Fog Lights.jpg
    639.9 KB · Views: 225
Last edited:
Welcome to the wonderful (boring) world of the 21st century US automotive color palette. It's the same story no matter what type or class of vehicle. Dealers are stocking the colors that sell and apparently Americans have gone color blind in the past 10-15 years. As Pogo said "we have met the enemy and he is us!" It makes for a pretty dull world.

Welcome to the wonderful (boring) world of the 21st century US automotive color palette. It's the same story no matter what type or class of vehicle. Dealers are stocking the colors that sell and apparently Americans have gone color blind in the past 10-15 years. As Pogo said "we have met the enemy and he is us!" It makes for a pretty dull world.
Sadly.....I totally agree.

Go back even further!

At the beginning of the automobile age, you could have a Ford in any color...as long as it was BLACK!!! Going, Going, GONE!!

Someone left their car unlocked and your husband went in?
LOL! Yes....East Tennessee, Bible-Buckle, church parking lot, etc., etc. On nice days, we even have the doors wide open in the house.

Dealers are stocking the colors that sell and apparently Americans have gone color blind in the past 10-15 years. As Pogo said "we have met the enemy and he is us!" It makes for a pretty dull world.

You don't like the housing developments where the homeowners association has decided every house must be painted one of 5 shades of baby diarrhea?

Me neither.

You don't like the housing developments where the homeowners association has decided every house must be painted one of 5 shades of baby diarrhea?

Me neither.
".....and they're all made out of ticky-tacky and they all look just the same".

Last edited:
haha thats why I love my soul red, it stands out from the crowd even around other "red" cars it stands out a lot specially after being waxed. clean job on those fog lights though! (2thumbs)

Purchased our new 2015 CX-5 (Liquid Silver) about a month ago. Last Sunday, as we were leaving our church I said to my husband..."look at all the cars that look just like ours!" Most of the CUV's in the parking lot, regardless of make, were various shades of silver or gray. I walked ahead of him and went to the back to get the umbrella out of the cargo area. When I came back, I didn't see my husband anywhere. Then I saw him in a car two spaces down from us. I was driving that day and he just plopped himself into the passenger seat of what he thought was our car! He noticed there was just one cup holder in the center and quickly got out. We had a good laugh on the way home while I was thinking maybe, just maybe, we should have gotten a color that was a bit more out of the mainstream. At least I installed the yellow film on the fog lights - which nobody else has - so far! (We do still LOVE our baby though!)
BTW Tango; you neglected to mention the outer ends of that exciting color spectrum: black and white (which combined....make grey!).

all my cars until the Mazda have been used. I took what I could get. the last two were gray. when I bought the Mazda and a dealer would ask what color I wanted the answer way "Not gray"

Back