Side mirror driver side vibrating slightly at high speeds

leanrivas

:
2016 Mazda CX 5 GT
Hi guys. I'm new to the Mazda community as i just got my 2016 cx5 a week ago andim loving it. Didnt know Mazda has a wonderful feeling when driving it

Anyway, one question, i've noticed my side mirror on driver side vibrating a little when at high speed, told the dealer, they fixed it but nothing improved. I think they just lowered the tire pressure because it was a little over. Is this an easy fix that i can diy cuz i dont want to be making trips in and out the dealer.

Thanks in a advance guys!

Lean

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They still did not fix this issue, on the 2016 models?
They did something to mine, it improved a bit, but it is still there.

I have a 2015. It shakes a touch. I don't care. I out eyes on target before pulling the trigger. Car or firearm. There are no reset buttons. The mirror will let me know if "something is there" initially or at low speed and I always follow up with LOS visual. I suggest the same. Its saved me a few times. Not to mention this mazda mirror thing on the cx5 looks like a rabbit hole.

They still did not fix this issue, on the 2016 models?
They did something to mine, it improved a bit, but it is still there.

Apparently they still didnt. Smh.

I have a 2015. It shakes a touch. I don't care. I out eyes on target before pulling the trigger. Car or firearm. There are no reset buttons. The mirror will let me know if "something is there" initially or at low speed and I always follow up with LOS visual. I suggest the same. Its saved me a few times. Not to mention this mazda mirror thing on the cx5 looks like a rabbit hole.

It's really barely noticeable and it is also almost impossible to tell when youre not looking for it but what I'm kinda concerned is that with the vibrations in there, it might cause a bigger problem in the future no?

There's a TSB (technical service bulletin) for this on '13-'15 models. I would have assumed they fixed it on the '16s, but apparently not. They need to replace one of the clips/brackets within the mirror housing. Take it back to the dealer and tell them there is a service bulletin and that it's a known issue.

There's a TSB (technical service bulletin) for this on '13-'15 models. I would have assumed they fixed it on the '16s, but apparently not. They need to replace one of the clips/brackets within the mirror housing. Take it back to the dealer and tell them there is a service bulletin and that it's a known issue.

I'm actually at the dealer right now. I see youre from SoCal, where exactly at? I brought my car in browning mazda in Cerritos.

Apparently they still didnt. Smh.

It's really barely noticeable and it is also almost impossible to tell when youre not looking for it but what I'm kinda concerned is that with the vibrations in there, it might cause a bigger problem in the future no?

No, not really. What issue could it cause, reasonably?

Still, if you want to chase that rabbit, it's just a mirror. The dealer can't likely harm anything while chasing said rabbit, so bring it back! Warranty FTW!

No, not really. What issue could it cause, reasonably?

Still, if you want to chase that rabbit, it's just a mirror. The dealer can't likely harm anything while chasing said rabbit, so bring it back! Warranty FTW!

Right on dude. I'm at the dealer right now addressing the problem. It's just frustrating 'cause it's a brand new car and of course, from a brand new car, we expect the best from it right?

Right on dude. I'm at the dealer right now addressing the problem. It's just frustrating 'cause it's a brand new car and of course, from a brand new car, we expect the best from it right?

Cracked carbon-fiber fender on my new Z06 before I took delivery.
Scraped through the paint on my 370Z, and the wrap, during the dealer-agreed CBE install before I ever drove the car, due to a careless tech who's only excuse was "Well, them low riding cars...".

So yes, I feel your pain. In both cases, though, I was taken care of. I bet you will be, too, and this is a lot more minor IMO! Easily fixed, or at the very least, isolated to one assembly which is idiot-proof and easily replaced without affecting other components.

I went to Glendale and they "fixed" it, but it's still shakes a bit. I will mention it soon to them, when I'm going in for my second service.

I came from the dealer yesterday and it sucks 'cuz you know what they said, "there's no evident vibration that it doesnt need repair. It has a little movement but compared to the other cars, it's just the same" smh!

I'm actually at the dealer right now. I see youre from SoCal, where exactly at? I brought my car in browning mazda in Cerritos.

Bought mine at Culver City Mazda/Volvo, and they're the ones that performed the repair (under warranty, of course). If you search this forum you should be able to find the actual TSB, for the '13-'15s at least. Sorry you're having a frustrating experience.

Back