2016 cx5 new, Traffic overlay won't work

Rickgs

:
2016 mazda cx5
Have dealer working on it as well. The traffic feature will not work. It's greyed out in the traffic setting,
Any idea what setting and where it my be turned on? Historical traffic is there and working, but need current traffic.
Ant help would be great.

It's not just you. It's grayed out on mine and so far nobody can get it to work. I think the live traffic data is supposed to come over FM/HD radio. It probably doesn't work because the agreement between Mazda and a traffic service (like HERE/NAVTEQ Traffic RDS or Total Traffic & Weather Network) has expired / was not renewed. My hand held Magellan gets live traffic warnings/events because it comes with a lifetime traffic subscription to a traffic data service. Wish Mazda Connect would figure this out!

See this topic:

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123848041-2016-CX-5-Traffic-Updates

It's one of the most missed features from my last car. I would come to a complete halt on the HWY, click on the nav, and was able to see just how long the traffic jam was. :sigh:

here is what I got form Mazda

Thank you for contacting Mazda Hands Free Support.

The system was
originally designed to update traffic but it is no longer an available feature
for now.

If you have further questions, contact us at 800-430-0153, Monday
through Friday from 7am-8pm CT.

Now I'm Upset

That's terrible, seems like it's one of the few advantages that older models of the CX-5 have with their older TomTom navigation system. As far as I can tell we still get live traffic over HD radio.

Thank you for contacting Mazda Hands Free Support.

The system was
originally designed to update traffic but it is no longer an available feature
for now.

If you have further questions, contact us at 800-430-0153, Monday
through Friday from 7am-8pm CT.

Now I'm Upset

Lol, that's bull. Don't they advertise it on their site?

Lol, that's bull. Don't they advertise it on their site?

My infotainment center still, almost a year from when I bought my CX-5, still has issues speaking & displaying text and emails.

I think Mazda has bit off technology that they're not entirely ready for!!

Tom Tom..?

Mazda would have been a lot better off if they had gone with "Garmin" as their GPS supplier.

CX5T Lover

I just discovered this issue at my dealer as well. I leased a GT model a few weeks ago and struggled with the real-time traffic feature. My dealer mentioned that Mazda is currently reviewing other Nav companies to replace TomTom as their provider. Of course, that doesn't help those of us in 2016 models.

Back