Anti-Hijack, ie auto locking on pull off

Furbz

:
Mazda CX 5 2.2 DE Akera AT AWD
Hi guys,

just bought my wife the new Mazda CX-5.
we stay in South Africa, as such safety is a concern of mine.

the new car does not have automatic locking on pull off, i know the old car had this feature and thus contacted my local dealership.
so far the response from them is that this feature was removed from all the new mazdas??
and thus it cannot be activated??

is this true?
anyone been able to activate this function?

Would really appreciate help here

Thanks

My '16 is programmed to lock automatically when it hits 12 mph (20 km/h). The attached pics are from the manual, hope they help. You have different options as to how to program your locks.

Attachments

• Door Locks Pg 1.JPG
    Door Locks Pg 1.JPG
    87.2 KB · Views: 629
  • Door Locks Pg 2.JPG
    Door Locks Pg 2.JPG
    78.5 KB · Views: 469
This might be better answered by one of our European friends since things like this (for e.g., auto-fold mirrors) are much different in Europe than in NA. And my guess is that the Euro-spec vehicles are what is sent to RSA.

I think that we can not program automatic door locking on in European CX5 (12-15) models. That I dont like in my CX5.

Thanks Guys,

i will give it a go when i get home today and report back

looks like we got cars without a door lock switch.

very irritating. how can mazda not put this on their top of the line models?? its a basic necessity for most area in the world.
for reference we have the top of the line 2016 2.2L diesel Akera.

it there is any 3rd party that might be able to assist in getting this to work?

What does your owner's manual say? You should not have to guess about this or ask people on the internet.

Australian here - can confirm that 2015 CX-5 GT doesn't have a driver's side door-lock button. Only central locking mechanism is to lock the driver's door. :\

Disappointed - I was hoping there'd be another way to activate this feature.

Back