I-Activsense Availability & User Opinions

MIZ ZOU

:
2016 CX-5 Grand Touring FWD
When I recently began searching for a 2016 CX-5, I was convinced that a Grand Touring with both the GT Technology Package (IGT) plus I-Activsense (IAT) options would be the ideal configuration. However as I've come to discover, a fully loaded Grand Touring with both of these technology packages is in very limited supply in the Southeast region. As an example, in the entire state of Florida, currently there are no vehicles equipped this way in the color Blue Reflex and only two in Meteor Gray. Needless to say, it becomes nearly impossible getting a dealer to negotiate on vehicles that aren't on the lot or at least readily available through dealer trades.

Since the Grand Touring with just the GT Technology Package is generally available from most Florida dealers, I'm considering dropping the I-Activsense option. This should make it much easier to find an in-stock CX-5 in a preferred color at a dealer who's willing to negotiate. Before I give up the quest for this hard to find option, I would welcome the honest opinions from those of you with vehicles equipped with I-Activsense.

1) How much do you like or dislike this $1500 option?
2) Do the safety features perform better or worse than expected?
3) If you had it to do over again would you still choose this option or save $1500?

Back