Frickin' Pollen

rickypicky

:
2016 Touring AWD CX-5
Washed, clayed, and waxed my new Titanium Flash Mica 2016 CX-5 this weekend. I picked it up the day after it arrived by truck at the dealer. It still had the white hood protector on it so I didn't think polishing it was necessary.

The results are great. Looks beautiful. I used Meguiars NXT Gen Tech Wax.

It would look even better without the fine coat of pollen that is now on the surface. I'm hoping, with the coat of the NXT Gen, all I have to do is rinse it. The pollen should flow right off with the water, right? I'm hoping I won't even need to dry it (to much) since the water and pollen should just slide off....?

Buy a California Car Duster.

http://www.californiacardusters.com/dusters.html

* and while you're at it, buy the mini-duster for the interior dash
** finally, buy the wheel duster for the wheels.

THIS.

I bought the California duster with the mini duster from Amazon just last week and have used it at least once a day for a week now. Before I used it, I also washed/clayed/waxed my cx5. It has been a pollen magnet since then - but the California duster takes care of it instantly. Just be aware, the first few times you use the duster, residual wax from the duster may be left on your car, along with some red particles. Eventually this stops though.

I don't know why I did not buy one of these dusters sooner, it works great.

Unfortunately in our region right now, you will have to keep it up with the duster everyday. Also that little bit of dew in the mornings is great at making the pollen stick just enough for the duster to not clear off. Just expect to wash the car on a regular basis if you are anal about it being mirror finish this time of year. (or use a wipe and shine cleaner, but you can run the risk of swirl marks)

On a side note, you should be happy you are only complaining about your car and the pollen. My eyes, nose, and general all around mood hate pollen and allergy season.

'How-To' remove pollen from a just-waxed vehicle?
No No and NO!!! The how to section is for sharing 'How-to" actually do something, not asking how do you do something. It a How to not a how do... If you posted up a good method that you found on HOW-TO remove pollen from the car that is one thing. But asking HOW DO I... is not what this section is for. Your question would be better asked in the CX-5 lounge or the CX-5 accessories and appearance areas.

Please anyone who is thinking of posting something in the How-to section, remember that it is the place to share "how to do something" not the place to ask how do I do something. If you've taken off your front bumper and took pics of the process and are wanting to share the procedure with everyone you'd create a "how-to" on removing the front bumper. If you are looking for information on how you do something, you first try searching for it and seeing if it's been covered. Searching the How-to section is a good place to start. If you don't find what your looking for, you go to another section and ask a question about what you are wanting to do.

Simple rule: How-To section = giving information Looking for information = any other section, Got it? Good!

Back