Scratches and chips on brand new car - what to do?

:
2016 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech & i-Activesense
I bought my '16 get awd on a Saturday, got home from the dealer about 7pm and parked it in the garage for the night, went in, made dinner, called it a night. I was beat. The next day I get and go out and start admiring the car and I find two small paint chips and scratches on the rear lift gate as well as some zig-zag scratches on the a-piller (looks like a ring or something scratched it). Needless to say I was not to happy to find those blemishes. Sunday all dealers in Wisconsin are closed so on Monday I went back to the dealer to have them do the pre sale check list and look at the scratches. They told me they have their detailing guy coming in on the follow Tuesday and that I should be here at 11am to have him take a look and fix them. Apparently he is a pro detailed who contracts with the dealer ship for this sort of stuff. So Tuesday rolls around (today) i show up at 11am and service has no idea I'm even suppose to be there and they tell me the retailer is not coming in because he doesn't come "walk" the lot when it's raining. No one told me this, so I sat in the dealer for another hour or so while they tried to figure something out. They one of there techs hand rub polish on it to no effect.

What do you think I should do about these scratches? Let the detailer guy have a go at them? Try to correct them myself with my DA and some dr. Colorchip or find a body shop to fix it and try to get the dealer to cover it? The service guy keep telling me he thought they were rock chips and I should buy the $12 touch-up pen for them. They are not rock chips, one scratch is about 2.5" long near the license plate recess and the one on the A-pillar is zig zagged. I've never seen a rock zig and zag across a car. Just wondering what you all think and if anyone has had a similar experience.

Well the guy came into the dealer today to look at my car and added a bit of touch-up to some of the deeper chips on the rear and some clear on the long scratch that he calls a "razor" scratch, basically long, sharp and thin. The others ones he buffed out really well and I really have to search for them in order to tell where they are. I'm in the process of clay baring the car, DA polishing to remove dealer induced swirl marks from their crappy rushed washed job and then I'm going to be do a sealant and wax. While I have my DA out I'll hit the touch up spots lightly and the clear coat to level it out some. All in all it's about as good as I can do other then request a full re-spray of the tailgate but I don't want to do that and have the colors not match, silver and grey can be hard to match.

Back