Auto Dimming Mirror schematic

Steve922

:
Mazda3 S Grand Touring
Does anyone know where I can get a wiring diagram for the Auto Dimming Mirror for a 2016 CX-5 GT?

I recently bought a "MirrorTap" connector for my radar detector (which is mounted to the mirror stem). It taps two wires into the wire harness plug to get power for the radar detector for a neat installaton. It came with instructions on finding the right connections with a meter, but the prongs were too big on my meter to make a conection. I took a good guess and it does indeed power the radar detector, but it is always on, and has a weird behavior... when I shift the SUV into REVERSE it cuts out the power. It has power in PARK and all FORWARD gears. This is not a huge issue as I do not anticipate speeding in reverse, but it is odd. Mostly though, I want the power to be cut when I turn the SUV off. As of now I need to unplug it.

Thanks

I just added the auto dimming mirror with a compass.
I just run a wire from the bottom driver's side, I just added a fuse wire (accessory wire) and the power goes on when I turn the Cx5 on.
No problems. I added the wire on the same time when I added the remote starter.

I just added the auto dimming mirror with a compass.
I just run a wire from the bottom driver's side, I just added a fuse wire (accessory wire) and the power goes on when I turn the Cx5 on.
No problems. I added the wire on the same time when I added the remote starter.

Thanks for the reply, but that is not the issue. I already have the auto dimming mirror. Behind the mirror is a power plug with 4 wires. I am putting two probe leads into two of them to power the radar detector. But I guessed at which were the correct two (out of 4) I now have power to the radar, but it turns off in reverse. Was looking to see if anyone knows which of the 4 to use so when I turn the car off, the radar turns off. I must be wired to the Home Link, which is always on. But I do not want to take the chance of shorting something out by taking another guess like first time.

I am looking to do the same thing. I just have not had time to research it yet, so I will just troll here.

I pre-ordered the 2016 Miata so I will be doing it there as well.

Back