3M Protection Package?

britty

:
Mazda CX5 2014 GT
Hi everyone! I put down a deposit on a 2016 cx5 GT with Tech (Meteor Gray) yesterday! I am very excited although I feel guilty about the cost. But I needed my sattelite radio and you can't do an add on for it anymore with the 2016. You can only get it with the Tech.

Anywho! I am debating if I want to get the 3M protection. I know some people were saying they had chips on the hood already and wanted to get a clear bra for protection. At the dealer they had a car in the showroom with a 3M product for protection. It would cover the front of the hood, the top of the rear bumper where you will slide stuff in and out of the trunk, under the door handles(so rings don't scratch), and along the spot where doors close because the salesman said those are the hardest chips to fix. He was also saying it comes with rust protection and all that other stuff I would have normally thought was a scam haha. And warmth for the lifetime of the vehichle. So he said they will reprint the entire car for free if there is any problems. All of that will be 995 canadian installed. I could also get soke protection inside which for both inside and outside would be 1800. I think they scotch guard everything inside and condition the leather. They said the stuff they do to the leather protects it from fading and spoting and stuff will wipe off easily(which I always assumed leather did anyway)Since we are having a baby in a few months I think it would be nice to have the inside protected. But also since I am pregnant I do not want to be the one using all those chemicals so was thinking it would be nice for a third party company to do it.

Do you think it is worth it? Has anyone gotten this package?

First, I'm not in Canada, but the price looks excessive to me.

I would definitely go for a 3M film application, but I would check local installers first to compare pricing. You can always bring those estimates back to the dealer and get them to drop their price.

The "rust protection" and interior "conditioning" are just scams and should be avoided. But if they throw them in for free (per any price match) then fine.

I too have no use for those rust and interior protection. they offered when I purchased for x amount. When I said no thanks, the price was cut in half. Hmm, isn't that weird? Still not needed IMO.

However, the 3M is definitely something to look at. We had it on other vehicles and it saves the front end from road debris. Around here, a full pkg is around $6-700 through the dealer which would include hood, front bumper/facia, leading edge of fender, headlights, fog lights, mirrors, etc. They farm this out and you can check pricing at local shops. I made a pkg deal for all my accessories, floor mats, 3M, cargo cover, cargo mat, remote start, and paid a fraction of the cost.

I got a clear bra installed professionally after market. Only on the front / side mirrors. I'll simply be careful in the back (worked well with other cars I've owned).
Judging from my previous car, it is worth it, especially if you drive on snow covered roads.

I do a lot of highway driving and with my first CX5 I had paint damage everywhere all over the front bumper and hood within the first 6 months. I bought a cheaper version of the 3M clear bra from Ebay for the second CX5 right after I bought it and 20 months later its still holding up well. I also installed it myself although if I had to do it again I think I'd just pay a professional to do it because its very hard to do.

Hi everyone! I put down a deposit on a 2016 cx5 GT with Tech (Meteor Gray) yesterday! I am very excited although I feel guilty about the cost. But I needed my sattelite radio and you can't do an add on for it anymore with the 2016. You can only get it with the Tech.

Anywho! I am debating if I want to get the 3M protection. I know some people were saying they had chips on the hood already and wanted to get a clear bra for protection. At the dealer they had a car in the showroom with a 3M product for protection. It would cover the front of the hood, the top of the rear bumper where you will slide stuff in and out of the trunk, under the door handles(so rings don't scratch), and along the spot where doors close because the salesman said those are the hardest chips to fix. He was also saying it comes with rust protection and all that other stuff I would have normally thought was a scam haha. And warmth for the lifetime of the vehichle. So he said they will reprint the entire car for free if there is any problems. All of that will be 995 canadian installed. I could also get soke protection inside which for both inside and outside would be 1800. I think they scotch guard everything inside and condition the leather. They said the stuff they do to the leather protects it from fading and spoting and stuff will wipe off easily(which I always assumed leather did anyway)Since we are having a baby in a few months I think it would be nice to have the inside protected. But also since I am pregnant I do not want to be the one using all those chemicals so was thinking it would be nice for a third party company to do it.

Do you think it is worth it? Has anyone gotten this package?

First, you can use a leather protecting coat yourself twice a year and that should do the job (see link below).
You can apply it and let the windows down overnight (secure garage) so you won't have to worry about the smell for the kiddo.
You can do the same with 3M Scotchgard Fabric Protector (see link below) and let the windows open too (very strong smell) but very good stuff specially if you have cloth on the seats instead of leather.

And the front bumper clear bra, I already did mine (I done about six cars at this point). I only did the top of the hood, side fenders and mirrors. Got it from fleabay and paid about $100.
I din't do the front bumper because it is a pain to do it, but honestly, I rarely seen any chips in that area, I try to keep my distance from other vehicles, specially trucks.

https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

Back