How is your butt .. long distance trip in GT?

:
K2500 Diesel Suburban; 2016 CX5 GT
Wanted to know how comfortable these seats are in the CX5-GT. Took another test drive last week and for some reason the seat side bolsters bugged me. I believe they are meant to hug you in the seat. Not sure my seat likes hugging. Wife kept telling me that it's new leather and it has to break in. I will have to get use to it. I have a K2500 Suburban and the seats are pretty big and comfortable. Side seat bolsters are not as pronounced as they were in the GT. I do just under 90 minutes each way to work. Just curious what others have notices.

Thanks
Steve

the seats are flatter than my previous cars (including a 2009 CX-9 GT), but recently took a 2hr roadtrip to Philly with no issues down there. comfortable enough for me (and i don't have a lot of "cushion" down there if you know what i mean)

I have the touring seats and dislike the high bolsters, since it is somewhat difficult to slide across fabric. The seats in the CX7 were much better shaped and more comfortable for longer drives IMO. Ed

Not sure my seat likes hugging. Wife kept telling me that it's new leather and it has to break in.
There are so many different ways to reply to this, I'm not even sure where to start...

I haven't had any issues with my 2014 GT seats for various 3-5 hour trips. The CX-5 seats are much more comfortable (for me) than my wife's 2013 town and country seats.

"Took another test drive last week and for some reason the seat side bolsters bugged me."

Try moving your seat back a small amount. That straightens your legs a bit so your thigh doesn't exert as much pressure on the side bolster. Worked for me!

I have driven comfortably in my GT seats for up to 17 hours at a stretch. Everybody's butt is different; mine just happens to agree with the seats! FWIW, I am 5'10", 212 pounds, 35" waist. In this case, I think "size matters". (2thumbs)

I did have lots of seat comfort issues with my 1st cx-5 especially after 60 minutes. It took me 2-3 months to fully accommodate my rear end to the seat.

Now after ~50K in CX-5s I am fine. Just did 2.5K round trip and seats did not bother me at all.

I have Touring now.

6' 36" waist. I find the seats narrow. My left side tends to feel it first. I need to keep shifting to the right.

2016 GT. We just did a 1000 mile trip over 2 days and no problem with comfort at all.

The wife and I did a long distance trip to NC, around 1200 miles round trip. Seats were great in my 2015 GT

I dislike the seat bottom in my 2013 GT (leather). Very short and does not offer enough thigh support to keep my ass from sliding off. My girlfriend's 2015 Touring with cloth is a bit better with ass gripping, but the shape and material still aren't great.

I sat in a 2016 GT and it did feel better. I'm not sure of the seat bottom shape is change or the padding is softer. Perhaps both?

I like to recline the seat back quite a bit to take a bit of pressure of my ass. I take 3 to 11 hour trips and biggest problem is getting too cozy and dozing off. 5' 10" & 240 lbs.

Left bolster caused me pain in my hip for a long time. Don't notice as much now, 2 years later. Shortly after we got the car we did a road trip from Tucson to Las Vegas and both my wife and I were practically crippled when we arrived. Seriously the most uncomfortable seats for long distance I've ever sat in. Not sure how they would be now. BTW I'm larger at 295 and my wife is fairly petite at 123. Killed her back and my hip. FWIW I don't seem to notice the same hip pain any more, but we've never driven more than 2 hours at a time since then.

I did a 3,000 mile drive from Los Angeles to Miami and also a 1400 mile drive from Miami to Chicago in my 2015 cx-5 touring. Longest drive was 1,000 miles in 1 day on my own. The touring seats are fine in comparison to the car I previously had, 1999 Toyota corolla with no height adjustment on seat. Its not the seat that will bother you. Its the seating position after 700 miles. I am 155 lbs at 5'10.

Ive sat in luxury cars on leather seats and I think my body would be just as broken after sitting for 1,000 miles in 1 day.

I have 58k on mine, a few trips from NJ to Fl and one to Ohio, after a day behind the wheel we are a bit stiff but we're 74, I don't think it's the car seats!

Back