Want to get CX-5 to Neutral with no start.

:
2023 CX-5S Select
My driveway is on a hill, 2 cars wide. I have two vehicles parked one behind the other. When I wanted to get the car furthest up out I would just roll the lower car back a few feet and drive the upper car around it. With my new CX-5 and keyless start I have found no way to get out of park without starting the car. I know there is a release under a cover but don't want to try that. Anyway around this? I know I could park lower but I like the cars away from the roadway
If the CX-5 needed to be pushed off the road is the only way the mechanical release? Not a big deal but just curious.

without stepping on the brake, press the start button twice. You can now shift to neutral.

Thank you very much for the solution. Once again I am trying to survive another technology leap.

good thing you have the 2015 model, not the 2016 with the electric parking brake.
I imagine the hill that you're rolling the car down it not super steep, but I wouldn't want to trust the electric parking brake to ease a car down an incline.

btw, oftentimes the foot brake is pretty much useless when the engine is off.

Back