Has anyone used Costco to buy their CX-5?

urban_

:
'16 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring AWD + Tech Package Owner
I've never used Costco (don't even have a membership), but I've read here and there that the no-haggle rates could be competitive with certain dealers. Is this true? What are some of the rates for an AWD '16 CX-5 GT with Tech Package? Just curious to see if it's worth it to either use this avenue to buy or use to negotiate.

Thanks!

The Costco auto program is similar to true car. They will give you a no haggle rate at a specific dealer within your area. If you purchase the vehicle at that dealer you pay the upfront price. That being said you can almost always get a better deal by negotiating. Try truecar to get an idea of prices.

When I got my car through the Costco program, I was offered Invoice+$100. Then I got $1000 off as a Manufacturer Incentive and a 1.9% Rate through a credit union for 72 months. I was going to take a 0% for 60% months deal, but if I did that, I wouldn't get the $1000 off, and the math worked out that the 72 month was less total after financing.

I just priced a GT 2016 without tech package through two costco dealers a few weeks ago. the price was $30,500 for a car that was right at $31,000 msrp. so only $500 below, so not the best rates right now.

When I got my car through the Costco program, I was offered Invoice+$100. Then I got $1000 off as a Manufacturer Incentive and a 1.9% Rate through a credit union for 72 months. I was going to take a 0% for 60% months deal, but if I did that, I wouldn't get the $1000 off, and the math worked out that the 72 month was less total after financing.

Costco

I tried the Auto program from Costco. The Costco dealer lied about pricing, changing from what he verbally quoted over the phone, and then lied about availability. His price was nothing to get excited about. I think the Costco auto program is a waste of time. You might want to try true car, but I did better with a request for quote email to all the dealers in my area.

I've had nothing but great experiences with Costco program. This is my 4th car I've bought through them. The 2016 vehicle is not officially listed in the program yet because it is new. My dealer honored the 2015 price at $500 under dealer invoice. Plus you get upgrades and accessories at dealer cost. Finally afterwards you can get a coupon for 50% off accessories (up to $100 off) so I was able to get floor mats and cargo mat at 1/2 off as well.

There is no hassle and dealers need to follow a prescribed process and show you all documentation. No hassles and you are guaranteed at least a good deal.

I have used the Costco Program 3 times and if the dealer follows the rules and is honest then it goes fine. I had some issues at a dealer when I was looking to purchase my CX5. The first Costco dealer I went to would not show me "the binder" (which they are all required to) that shows all the pricing. We never came to a deal and I left.
on to the next dealer and they were completely different and I walked out 2 hours later with my CX5.
Make sure they SHOW you the binder with the pricing...otherwise you could be taken for. Truecar is also very good...same basic pricing.

I don't think it's a bad way to go, but if you're really trying to get the absolute lowest price, you're probably better off negotiating on your own and playing two or more dealerships off one another.

Just picked up my 2016 GT FWD w/tech purchased from the Costco program. This dealer does $1,000 under invoice. They're serious about the program. Was a few hundred lower than two other dealers. Loving my CX-5!

Back