Help with HID install.

DEEZCX515

:
Mazda CX5 Touring
We have a 2015 CX5 Touring. I have searched. I need help installing my Morimoto HID bulbs. Is it possible to access the low beam bulb from under the front wheel guard? My hands are too big to fit through the opening from the access through the hood. I've seen other installs and read quite a bit, and it seems like everyone is able to access the bulb from under the hood. If I have to pull the whole headlight assembly to do this, I will, I would prefer not to though. All suggestions are welcome. And Thank you for your time.

Situation report. Apparently this wasn't as bad as I thought. I was able to squeeze the bulbs in. Now my hand looks like it was mauled by a tiger, but the job got done. Just went through the opening under the hood. All is working well.

How much time did you spend on this mod? Let us know how you like them. I've been toying with the idea of doing this to my Touring.

Total time spent was about an hour and a half. Just a matter of running all the wires and mounting the ballasts and relay. No cutting or drilling involved. Will keep everyone posted on performance.

Total time spent was about an hour and a half. Just a matter of running all the wires and mounting the ballasts and relay. No cutting or drilling involved. Will keep everyone posted on performance.
Do you connect the clip upside down or it is nature + and then -. I heard somebody said that cx-5's low beam connector is oppside of others.

I mean the hid ballast connector to factory bulbs connector, I heard someone said that the black cable is positive and red is negative. So do we have to connect it like that?

I mean the hid ballast connector to factory bulbs connector, I heard someone said that the black cable is positive and red is negative. So do we have to connect it like that?

As far as I know, it only connected one way so there was no way to mess it up. Just plug and play.

H11 Morimoto Elite HID Kit System With XB35 35W Ballasts and XB35 H11 6500K Bulbs

This is the kit i purchased from Amazon for $150. It comes with the 6500K bulbs which have a tiny hint of blue tint to them, I also have some 5500K bulbs but the wife likes the 6500K so, not really my choice. I prefer more of a white light instead. But, it is her car.

We've also changed the fogs to a PIAA 13511 H11 12-Volt Plasma Ion Crystal Yellow 55=100-Watt Bulb - Twin Pack. This produces a true yellow light from the fogs.

We've also changed the fogs to a PIAA 13511 H11 12-Volt Plasma Ion Crystal Yellow 55=100-Watt Bulb - Twin Pack. This produces a true yellow light from the fogs.

Thank you for your information, I will install it tomorrow. Do we unscrew the build clockwise or un-clocwise.

Back