Tiedown Eyelets

yrwei52

2016 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech Pkg
Contributor
:
Plano, Texas, USA
Does your CX-5 come with these two long (for front) and short (for rear) tiedown eyelets in your tire jack storage platform? Mine has none. I checked a couple of 2016 CX-5's and they have nothing either. But I saw a new 2015 CX-5 at the dealership today which comes with a long tiedown eyelet but no short type.

I have both in mine too. May want to ask the dealership about that. Looks like they're required to secure the vehicle to a flatbed when being towed. Page 7-3 (427) of the manual shows where they should be, and that's where mine are.

I just examined some pictures of my 2015 and I have two in the back and at least one in the front. All are the same size. Can't tell if there's a second one on the front...will check later today when I drive home from work!

What are you guys talking about here? Pictures would help?
Also look at page 425 at the same link provided by MazdaPumpkin (and thanks for the link):

http://www.manualslib.com/manual/516749/Mazda-Cx-5.html?page=425

as you can see two metal tiedown eyelets stored in spare tire area.

I just examined some pictures of my 2015 and I have two in the back and at least one in the front. All are the same size. Can't tell if there's a second one on the front...will check later today when I drive home from work!
It seems you are talking about the locations (with round cover) to install these two metal tiedown eyelets, not the metal tiedown eyelets themselves. We should have only two total. The long one is used on front bumper and the short one is used on rear bumper.

Back