Turbo Manifolds

Twi7ch

:
2002 Mazda Protege5
So I've compiled all the parts to do a completing forged bottom end plus some new supertech valve train goodies and I'm starting to order some turbo stuff. I'm looking into manifolds and am wondering if anyone has had any experience with the OBX turbo manifold.... I'm a bit skeptical of it since it's pretty cheap. That and 304 stainless isn't the best for high heat applications. Anyways, just wondering if anyone has run them and had problems or what not....

from what I've heard the welds are prone to cracking....I've seen someone commenting about having them reinforced with proper welding. Sorry I do not have personal experience with this manifold

^^^^ I'd agree with him, reinforce, but with all the research I've done there really isn't much of a selection. If your really worried about it (i would its obx) go custom.

Forged bottom end/valves... you would be dumb to buy an obx or similar mani. Find a used mam, steedspeed or buy the pope. Or buy custom from a fabricator you trust. There is a point when ebay doesny save you any money heh.

if you want to go cheap/reliable go with a stock msp callaway manifold. While it's not as good as the pope/MAM/steedspeed it's far cheaper (usually around $50-$100) Just make sure you have solid front/rear motor mounts to minimize the chance of cracking. The OBX is garbage, the welds are poor and the piping is way too thin for any long term use.

Last edited:
if you want to go cheap/reliable go with a stock msp callaway manifold. While it's not as good as the pope/MAM/steedspeed it's far cheaper (usually around $50-$100) Just make sure you have solid front/rear motor mounts to minimize the chance of cracking. The OBX is garbage, the welds are poor and the piping is way too thin for any long term use.

I have all 4 AWR mounts. I'm thinkin either the Pope, or maybe a steedspeed... although I don't feel like dishin out the cash for the steedspeed :/

I have all 4 AWR mounts. I'm thinkin either the Pope, or maybe a steedspeed... although I don't feel like dishin out the cash for the steedspeed :/
The only SteedSpeed still available is the T3 with external wastegate, which would then require a different downpipe blah, blah, blah, so other than a T2 used SteedSpeed, and every other used manifold for that matter, there is no new option other than Pope's..

Back