2016 CX-5 - Cargo cover

zipperd

:
2016 CX-5 - Tech + iActive
Recent and excited owner of a 2016 CX-5 iActive. First car was a Mazda 323.

When you purchased your CX-5 did the cargo cover come with the car, or did you get that "thrown in" as part of the purchase? I see the retractable as an option, but did not realize that A) I should have negotiated it in the car and B) any cheaper alternatives to buy, like a 2015 or OEM branded one.

Appreciate the feedback.

I had the cargo cover and hitch "thrown in" as required equipment. They prices they tell you they cost are crazy. If they really cost that much, they should be laced in gold!!

I wasn't able to get it thrown in because I think I got a good deal on the Cx-5. So I just purchased from med center mazda for about $160 with shipping included.

One thing that the dealer told me is it will be part of the warranty if I bought it with the car.

I negotiated it in as my last request. :) They weren't going to stop our deal for a $120 (their cost), cargo cover. ed

I got mine on ebay from a mazda dealer, Quirk maybe. That was the cheapest that I found. Even cheaper than the "dealer cost" quote from the car salesman where I bought the Mazda.

I got mine on ebay from a mazda dealer, Quirk maybe. That was the cheapest that I found. Even cheaper than the "dealer cost" quote from the car salesman where I bought the Mazda.

That is where & whom I bought most of accessories as well.

Thanks for the responses, greatly appreciated. It appears that Quirk and a few other sellers have them for ~$160 on eBay. I guess I'll pull the trigger on one of those.

For those of you purchasing a CX-5 I'd highly recommend trying to negotiate those in the final price. Now on to weather mats for me. The costs keep coming in :)

The cargo cover and floor mats are the only add-ons I purchased with the car.

Both good, functional upgrades although they do add about 30 lbs. to the vehicle.

Back