Blind spot monitoring with hitch bike rack and bicycles mounted

festus

:
2016 CX-5 Touring
Hi,
This is my 2nd post! Does anybody know if bicycles (esp 29er mountain bikes because they are longer) mounted on a hitch rack will interfere with the blind spot monitoring?

I am thinking of the Kuat Sherpa rack.

I just purchased a 2016 Touring in Titanium Flash Mica one week ago!
Thanks

Hi,
This is my 2nd post! Does anybody know if bicycles (esp 29er mountain bikes because they are longer) mounted on a hitch rack will interfere with the blind spot monitoring?

I am thinking of the Kuat Sherpa rack.

I just purchased a 2016 Touring in Titanium Flash Mica one week ago!
Thanks

It interfered with mine. I just turn off the bsm switch whenever i use my platform bike rack.

Good to know. I want to put a hitch on the back for bike transport. Hey, Festus, post some pictures of the titanium flash!!! Congrats!

Yes, good to know. Thanks for the info.
I will post pictures, but I have to wash it 1st. One week old and quite dirty here in the Boston area as our 6 feet for snow starts to melt!

I get false positive warnings when i have my regular 26" mtn bike in the back. With more bikes loaded it interferes even more.

20140626_170154_zps9ceed004.jpg

Like others, I just turn off the BSM before driving. I notice the back up camera being blocked more than the lack of the BSM. Gotta drive with "old school" habits with the bikes on. lol

Back