Remove Driver's Side Lower Panel

dkoroluk

:
Mazda CX-5
I am about to install a remote start in my CX-5. First step, remove driver's side lower panel. That's the panel just above the drivers knees. The left side, by the door, pops off quite easily after removing one bolt and the hood release latch. The right side, by the center console, is another story. I cannot see any screws or bolts holding the panel. I have pulled and pulled but it does not want to pop off. I have pulled so hard I thought for sure it would break but now way would it release. I have searched hi and lo including this site for any tips to remove this panel but can't find anything.

If someone has removed this panel please tell me how to release the lower panel right side.

Dennis

I believe that you need to remove the center console like most mazdas to be able to completely remove the under dash. I was able to install ours by just loosening the left side and removing the steering column shroud.

I believe that you need to remove the center console like most mazdas to be able to completely remove the under dash. I was able to install ours by just loosening the left side and removing the steering column shroud.

Wow! You need to remove the center console to release the lower panel. I was looking at that but did not think that that much disassembly would be required to remove a simple lower panel.

So do you need to start with removing the trim above the glove box and the trim around the radio as in the radio removal steps?

Thanks

Dennis

did you end up doing this? do you have pics? I have to install a Fortin Evo all and was hoping there was an easier way than removing the whole center console for the lower panel!!!

Back